St. George & Draper Temple Dedication

Friday our family decided last minute to take a quick vacation down to St. George, Utah. David was already going for his work on a golfing trip and when he invited me to go, I knew I needed it! So we left when David got off of work at 4:30 pm and got to St. George at 9:30. We checked into our hotel and then went to eat here:
We stayed here:
After breakfast we put on our swim suits and headed outside our hotel and swam here:The funnest part of the trip and the most relaxing! Our check out time was 12 pm, so swimming only lasted an hour.

We headed over to the outlet malls down the street and window shopped.
We ate lunch here, at the famous:Talk about CrAzY!! SO MANY PEOPLE here. It was fun though and the kids handled the craziness well.

David met up with his co-workers for about 30 mins. David opted out of golf for the weekend to spend time with our family. Yeah!!

Then we went here:
GORGEOUS!! There is a mini visitor center like in SLC with the Christis statue, kids area and a theatre room for movie presentations. It was a lot of fun to go there and have a spiritual hour during our vacation.

On our way out of town we got ice cream here:
DELICIOUS!!

I felt so rejuvenated after this trip. I needed to get away from home for a day!
Today I was able to participate in the dedication of the Draper, UT temple. Stake buildings in all of UT were used where worthy members 8 yrs. and older could attend. The stake building represented an extension of the temple. We weren't planning on going since our babysitters and neighbors were attending the dedication also. When we got home today from church David told me he would stay home and watch the kids while I went if I wanted to. It was so great. I felt like I was in the temple. I had the same feelings at the dedication that I feel when I attend the temple. Everything put into perspective! In a few months another temple, the Oquirrh Mountain Temple, will be dedicated and that will be just down the road from us. David will get to attend that dedication while I stay home with the kids. I love the temples going up all around us. It's so exciting to see. And so awesome to share with our children the importance of temple work. "I love to see the temple, I'm going there some day. To feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray. For the temple is a House of God a place of love and beauty. I'll prepare myself while I am young. This is my sacred duty!"

Comments

Susanna said…
What a fun weekend! It is always good to get away for a bit and I bet you enjoyed the warmer weather too.
W said…
How fun. I'm so glad you got to go to the dedication. We went to the open house and it was beautiful.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS