Summer Days

Yesterday the kids and I went to Orem to visit my sister-in-law, Andrea. We ate lunch, went swimming at their beautiful pool club in their development and then Andrea cut my hair (she always does such a great job!) It was fun to chat and catch up with all of the happenings going on with us. It was a great get away for a day. Other than the happenings at the pool (see below), we had a great time!

The swimming pool was almost a disaster. I almost came home with 1 child, Melanie who was the only one with a floaty on.

Cameron instantly got into the water and was ready to try out his swimming skills he has acquired while swimming in our hot tub. Little problem though, the hot tub isn't deep and he can touch every where. The pool, yeah, not so shallow! So I would hold Alyssa (who by the way didn't want anything to do with me holding her) and be out in the water a bit so Cameron could practice swimming, which he just loved. We did that off and on throughout the time we were there.



Melanie was the only one with a floating tube on, since it was the only one I had (put on list: swimming tubes) Anyways, she had fun at the pool, but loved the hot tub and was there most of the time. She of course made new friends to play with. She is such a social bug and it amazes me how she has no fear of people and can be anyone's friend-old or young!




Jason was very timid to go into the water and a little reluctant. He is more cautious at first and then he'll usually have a ball and love it! One of the times while practicing with Cameron swimming, Jason was sitting on the stairs. Pretty soon I look over and he was off the steps and under the water. It freaked me out. He was spitting up water and everything when I got him out. Oh boy did I feel like a terrible mother. Cameron was done practicing for a while and this is a picture taken later of Jason in the kiddy pool borrowing someone else's tube-where he stayed the rest of the time.

And here is the last swimmer wannabe!! Alyssa absolutely loved the pool. The kiddie pool went from 5" to 1 1/2'. I would set her down in the shallowest end and she would instantly start crawling keeping her face just above water until it got deep enough where her mouth was under. It was all I could do to keep her from drowning. She looked like a puppy swimming with just it's face above water. She would scream when I would pick her up and set her down in the shallow end. Oh boy, what am I to do!!

That was just too much for me trying to keep an eye out for 4 kids in 3 different pools! It's a miracle any of them survived and that I'm sane after that!! Now I know why I haven't attempted to go swimming alone. Long gone are the days of relaxing by the pool and actually swimming in it for me! By the end of the day I was done and ready for bed thanking Heavenly Father that my children were in bed also!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS