Computer Down

Well, David warned me it would happen and it did. We have a laptop for our home computer and the place where the cord plugs into has been saudered (spelling?) like 3 or 4 times by my personal mechanic, David because it doesn't turn on. Has any one had this happen before? The first time this happened, 2 years ago, we didn't have the money to pay someone to fix it and so David said if I break it trying, oh well! So after hours of taking the laptop apart, saudering the spot and then figuring out where everything went back, it worked! Well, the last time it was fixed by David, something happened and the mouse pad on the laptop didn't work which was no big deal since I could just plug in a hand mouse, which I prefer anyway. And he also said that was the last time he'd fix it. A new computer was going to replace it the next time.

Well, the next time has come! We even looked at computers and were so close to buying one BEFORE it broke down. But I kept thinking, it's working let's just wait a little longer. Why am I so stingy?! So now I am without a computer which is driving me CRAZY! I am borrowing David's work laptop and usually get on for 1/2 an hour at night to catch up on email and blogs.

So what do I do with my time now that I don't have a computer to distract me?! Well, I do get a ton more done! I don't think I realize just how much time I am on the computer every day. Today my day consisted of the following in no particular order:

Both bathrooms CLEANED!
Kitchen floor scrubbed
Microwave cleaned
Stove top cleaned
Sheets washed
ALL the laundry DONE!
High chair deep cleaned
Every room CLEAN!
Made BROWNIES, Yum!!!
water balloons filled for mutual tonight for David
Lawn mowed
20 minutes of reading to the kids
scriptures read

The kids pitched in and helped by doing their jobs, which is so nice when they get to an age to help! I really can't believe how much more I get done. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise?!

Comments

5dollarFanatic said…
Special ovation from my little corner of earth. Awesome job getting all of that done and being a mommy besides.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS