Lee Family Reunion Update

We got home Monday night from Washington. We had a great time with all of the family together. We were planning on leaving Wednesday morning around 7 am, but after talking to my mom and her mentioning a water skiing outing the night we arrived, nobody had to twist our arm to change our mind, so we left at 4:30 am. We were out at Scootney 12 hours later and I LOVED it!! I miss boating, water skiing, tubing and being with family. A boat is in our future someday!!Grandma and Alyssa David with AlyssaAlyssa loved it too!Cameron swimming to the boatA terrible picture of me and Jason in his pink life jacket. It was a 12 hour trip!Kira, Cameron & David on the "Taco Tube". Cameron LOVED it and even liked to get flown off! He especially loved it when David said to Cameron while going around really fast, "Hold on Cameron, we're Taco Meat!" He got a real kick out of that!David wakeboarding

Thursday, was the official start of the Lee reunion. We went to Moses Lake water park. The kids loved it and had a blast with their cousins. We all got lots of sun and a little more tan (others were a brighter shade of red). We all slept out in tents out in Melissa and Ryan's backyard.
Eliza (Melissa's), Haylee (Anna's) & Alyssa (Ours). These 3 girls were all born within 3 weeks of each other. It's fun to see the milestones together and the next reunion they will have a ball together! I took this picture before leaving the water park and left the camera! So no pictures of the water park, darn it!!

Friday the guys enjoyed a full day to themselves in Kennewick golfing, shopping and I later found out a nap at Chuck & Carol's home. The women had a clock project planned and after cleaning up breakfast and babies down for naps, we started. We all primed our wood and then talked and analyzed what to paint them and the best way. We had a lot of experiments and about everyone of us tried a new technique. It was a lot of fun to be together. By the end of the day we were all ready for the daddy's to be home and dinner!! We had volley ball after wards and we juggled babies and rotating in to the game. I wished that we could've done that longer. It was so fun! We walked down to the 20 min firework show in Connell. That was the perfect time for me since all the kids were so tired.

Saturday morning I was up at 5 am to get ready for family pictures. When you have to get yourself ready and 4 kids all looking nice, it takes a while! We were in Richland's Howard Amon Park at 10 am and ready for the pictures. We told the kids if they were good we'd take them to McDonald's. They all did great. Jason get's shy with attention drawn to him and has a hard time when everyone is telling him to smile and look at the camera. I don't know if there will be one of them that has him facing forward, oh well! The adults did a temple session that afternoon and then we enjoyed yummy pizza at the playground of dreams park.The kids enjoyed themselves.Andrea, Melanie & Kiya. They were inseparable the whole time! Too bad they live so far away!Andrew & Cameron playing in the waterOur cute baby girl, AlyssaEveryone talking and watching the kids at the park Jason didn't get in the water and no surprise that he wouldn't look at the camera!Alyssa enjoying the water too!
Andrea, Addysin & Chris watching the kids playing.

Tony proposed to his girlfriend, Rachel at the park (no we didn't see). Now there are 2 weddings this fall-Rebecca & Caleb in September and Tony & Rachel in October! We will be busy traveling I guess. Sorry to those who wanted to see David and our family at his 10 year reunion. It didn't work out for us this year with all of the family happenings!

We all had a great time together. I wasn't yet ready to come home to do housework. I wanted a few more days to sit and relax.

Today was supposed to be a catch up day--the laundry got done! I also took in my wedding ring to get fixed. One of the prongs bent while boogy boarding at the water park in Moses Lake. Taking no chances of having my diamond fall out (yes that has happened before and no the diamond was not found) I took it in today and it's all sparkly and shining and fixed again! Phew!!!

Maybe tomorrow will be more motivating to do catch up. I'm still in vacation mode!!

Comments

Enriquez Family said…
Like the pics! There's a picture of Alyssa that looks like a little house on the Prairie girl. hehe...So did the family pictures turn out good?
What a fun family reunion. I'm so glad you were able to make it up and just relax and hang out. It looks like everyone had a good time. I love getting away but hate coming home. It always takes me a day to get motivated to catch up-so just relax. You will have to post all the family pictures. Can't wait to see them.
The McGary's said…
wow, sounds like tons of fun. I love family reunions. I hardly ever get to see my brothers but when we do we have a great time. I think I laugh the whole time:) I enjoyed all the pictures, cute kids. Glad you got your ring taken care of before it was too late. Mine is getting taken care of right now, I have been without it only three days and it feels so wierd to not have it on.
W said…
It looks like you all had a great time! And I love Cameron's graduation picture. So handsome.
Mikaela said…
What a busy time with family! Looks like you all had so much fun...too bad you don't live up in WA near your family! :) It's too bad we'll miss you guys at the reunion, but life happens sometimes, and family comes first! Glad you had a fun reunion!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS