Boston Scot Lee 10/16/2014

What a wonderful couple of days I have had to spend with our newest baby in the hospital!!  I am remembering the things I love about newborns. Their smell, soft soft skin, fuzzy soft hair, perfectly tiny person, trying to figure out who he looks like, the color of his eyes, the soft cries, and even changing that cute, little bum! 

I went in to the doctor on Wednesday the 15th, 1 day after I was due, for a checkup. I was still dilated to a 3.5 like the week before. The doctor stripped my membranes. I really did not want to be induced as I was the last 3 pregnancies. I wanted to remember what it felt like to start labor on my own. I walked around the park that night while the kids played. I had light contractions all night. I packed my hospital bag and the girls were so excited!  They wanted to help me pack. I went to bed at a normal time that night and woke up in the middle of the night about 3 am to a painful contraction. I checked the time and fell back to sleep to be awakened again 15 mins. later with another painful contraction. This continued every 15 minutes until 6 am. I finally thought I should get up and get my makeup on, hoping that standing up would get the contractions closer together. And boy did it!  30 mins later I woke up David and told him we should go to the hospital. He went downstairs and told Melanie and Cameron we were leaving to have the baby. My contractions were every 4 minutes on the 15 min drive to Provo. We got to the hospital a little after 7. I was dilated to a 5 when they first checked me. I asked for the anesthesiologist and once that was done I relaxed!  Sixth time to get an epidural and I still get nervous and scared each time.  One hour later I was at an 8. The doctor broke my water and said we would have a baby in 15 minutes. I panicked a little inside. Was I ready?  Did I have it in me to raise another one so soon?  But ready or not he was coming!  Boston was still really high when it was time to push. I pushed for over 30 minutes to get him out. He kept trying to come out posterior, like Cameron. The doctor would turn him and he would turn back around. I haven't worked so hard to get a baby out since Cameron. All those doubts vanished about 15 minutes after pushing!  I was ready for this little man to come!  He made a memorable entrance to the world by peeing all over himself and the doctor before his cord was cut.  He was a perfect 9 lbs 3oz, 21 inches long.  My biggest baby ever!  He felt heavy when I was carrying him so I was not surprised at all!  I was anxious to hold and meet this little spirit who was so persistent to join our family. 

Boston Scot 006Boston Scot 009Boston Scot 011Boston Scot 012Boston Scot 014Boston Scot 017Boston Scot 020Boston Scot 027Boston Scot 031Boston Scot 033Boston Scot 037Boston Scot 040

Poor guy was bruised on his face from trying to come out posterior!  They took Boston down to the nursery to bath him and moved me to another room.  We called and talked to the kids to see how they were doing (this was a whole new experience leaving them home for the first time by themselves to go have a baby!).  Melanie was making banana bread from scratch with some brown bananas we had!  I was impressed!  She said she was going to bring a loaf to the hospital.  I told her she was a future Relief Society President in the making!!  David went and picked the kids up, took them to lunch and then came to the hospital so they could meet Boston.  What a sweet time for our family!  Boston looks so much like Jason and Cameron but more like Jason.  He has brown eyes like both the boys.  He looks a LOT like his dad!

Boston Scot 042Boston Scot 046Boston Scot 048Boston Scot 051Boston Scot 054Boston Scot 056Boston Scot 059Boston Scot 058

Our friends Amy and Jason R. sent us this delicious candy bouquet that the kids gobbled up!  I can’t believe I am a mother to 6 kids!  So, so blessed!  We left the hospital Friday night and drove straight to Chik-Fil-A!  I was starving for some GOOD food!  The hospital food was terrible!  When we got home the kids introduced Olaf to Boston.  Olaf didn’t seem the least bit excited about the baby, just trying to find any food on the floor to eat!  Welcome home little Boss-Man!

Boston Scot 062Boston Scot 065Boston Scot 068Boston Scot 069Boston Scot 072

Comments

Scott and Kelli said…
Hes so beautiful, and I love his name. Congrats to you and your adorable family!
Enriquez Family said…
Boss-man!!! Such a cutie pie!!!
I read this birth story weeks ago and must have never published my comment. Everything about it impressed me. You have 6 kids! You are beyond beautiful even after labor. You have responsible older adorable kids! I was beyond impressed with them home alone just getting things done. Seriously, congrats to you and your family. He is adorable!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS