Cub Scout Box Car Derby

This year instead of the pinewood derby in Cub Scouts they did a box car derby.  Honestly I was disappointed.  And so was Jason.  Everyone looks forward to the infamous Pinewood derby race!  So I will be honest when the weight of making the box car fell on my shoulders and I had a bad attitude while cutting it out.  Maybe I was feeling the pressure of 2 science fair projects and a medieval project due in the next couple of weeks and one more thing was to much for me!  But in front of Jason I was happy to be doing it for him.  His only request was that it be “fast” and “very decorated”.  He had a lot of fun the night of and had fun making the car his own by putting all the foam stickers on.  Family members was the “pit area” and the boys would have to stop while someone cleaned their windshield (took off their safety glasses and put them back on) and change their tires (take off and put on their shoes) before they could go again.  There were quite a few creative cars there!   Jason ended up receiving the award “the most decorated car” so he was pretty excited about that since he worked so hard to make it so decorated!

IMG_5627IMG_5629IMG_5630IMG_5632IMG_5633IMG_5634IMG_5635IMG_5636

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS