The simple things bring us the GREATEST JOY!

One morning last we when I finished my run and was doing a walk around the block lap, I saw this butterfly.  It wasn’t really moving and didn’t try to fly away.  It’s wings were really fluttering though!  I was so excited to go home and show the kids the fun treasure I found!  When I opened the door though it was silent and dark.  No one was awake yet!  Darn it!  Now what do I do?  So I crept upstairs hoping Jenna would be awake since she is usually one of the firsts awake in the morning.  She was stirring when I opened her bedroom door so I took that as a sign she was awake!  Jenna was able to hold that butterfly for a long time.  It’s wings were still fluttering and it just stayed on her hand.  Then I thought of the camera!  So I quickly went and got them.  I took a picture with my camera phone first.  After the first 2 I went to change to my real camera and it finally flew away on to the window blinds.

2012-06-12 07.23.322012-06-12 07.23.49

Alyssa woke up and saw it and immediately exclaimed “Let’s wake up Melanie!”  So we went into Melanie’s room.  The butterfly wanted outside by this time!IMG_3910IMG_3911IMG_3912IMG_3916IMG_3917

We finally got it calmed down enough and took it outside and let it go.  It was fun for the girls to “play” with a real butterfly for a little bit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS