Alyssa is old enough to go to Kindergarten

Weird.  That is how I feel about it!  Alyssa turned 5 today and I am having a hard time figuring this one out!  How did she grow up so quickly?  It has gone by so fast with her!!  I have mixed feelings.  Sad, HAPPY, excited to think I have only 1 at home, lonely, anxious that I will only have 1 at home, overwhelmed (I have to teach another one to read already?) and of course completely and over the moon for HER that she is making this big step.  She is so excited and ready and bubbly just thinking about Kindergarten.  I love her.  She really is such a LIGHT!

IMG_4048

David waited to go to work this morning so he could watch Alyssa open her presents.  She got a Pinkalicious Bike and matching bike helmet, 2 new outfits to wear and pajamas.  She also got money from both G&G Lee and McGary.  She can’t wait to go shopping!

IMG_4052IMG_4053IMG_4054

She was excited to get on one of her new outfits.  Alyssa is my fashion girl.  I know I have mentioned that before.  She is.  After she got dolled up she was ready to try out her new bike.  She is my little dare devil.  If any of my kids break a bone I can guarantee it will be her!

And she is off!  She felt so special to have a new bike.  Her old one was passed down to her from Melanie.  So this one is all hers!

IMG_4056IMG_4059

IMG_4061IMG_4062IMG_4063

I decided to take the kids to IHOP for breakfast.  My mom sent me a gift card for Mother’s Day and I still hadn’t used it.  Well I decided that today was such a special day we might as well go!  And ice cream right after breakfast made it even sweeter!!

IMG_4065

IMG_4066

We decided to spend the day at Seven Peaks.  I don’t dare take my camera in that place since I move away from our pile of stuff a lot.  I doubt I will get any pictures there.  But we had a blast and I was not as good about applying the sunblock today.  All the kids except Jenna have red faces!  It was a fun afternoon that got us out of the house.

After Melanie’s Softball game tonight we came home and had cake and ice cream.  Alyssa chose Strawberry cake with white frosting and strawberry ice cream.  She couldn’t wait to blow out the candles!

IMG_4067

Happy Birthday, Alyssa!  We love you so much and feel so privileged that you are in our home to remind us of the JOY of life!

Comments

Enriquez Family said…
great pictures! love the picture of David and her. You can see the LOVE! haha! I am loving summer as well!!!
Courtney said…
She looks like such a sassy little diva! Love it!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS