No More Diapers!!

YIPPEE!!!  I did not have a set date to potty train Jenna.  I have been thinking about when would be a good time to do it though.  So when I went to change Jenna’s diaper almost 3 weeks ago I just had the thought that today was the day!  I was needing to buy diapers AND wipes at Costco ($60 for both) and really did not want to spend that kind of money on that stuff.  So I went to the basement and got the pink potty out.  It was a big hit with my little girly girl Jenna!  And she actually went pee in it!  I let her go bare bottom all day.  The kids kept saying how skinny Jenna was!  No diaper = less padding!  HAHA!!  Anyway, since I was not planning before hand to do this I did not make a chart, have treats, stickers or even underwear!  She used Alyssa’s underwear until I went to Walmart a few days later.  I just gave her three capri sun apple juices (a luxury since they are lucky to get one a day) so she would pee more.

Alyssa kept her company on the potty the first time with books…

IMG_3860

Putting on lipstick, you know the most important things while sitting on the “throne”.

IMG_3864

I also set her potty in the living room for the first 2 days.  She felt special on her own little seat!

IMG_3866

My absolute favorite part of this training was when Jenna got her new underwear.  She picked out Hello Kitty and Minnie Mouse underwear.  The Hello Kitty being her favorite.  When I put on her underwear the first time I told her not to pee in her underwear or the kitties would cry.  Well she was up at the table eating dinner when all of a sudden she started freaking out and saying over and over “kitties cry, Kitties cry”  It took me a little bit to understand what she was saying.  And when I did I just started laughing because it was so hilarious to me!  Now she will refer to accidents (which are very minimal) to “kitty crying” or “kitty not crying”. 

So, it feels good to have another child potty trained!

Comments

The McGary's said…
We have been doing the same thing around here but I wasn't really planning on it for another month or so. I was in the same boat though needed more costco diapers and didn't want to buy them. We have that same potty only the green and blue version. Glad it is going well for you too, it makes the world such a happier place:)
*~McGarys~* said…
So cute! I tried with LaiLauna but I just dont feel like I have the time i guess. She is getting so big and her hair has really taken off:) Such a cute girl!
YEAH you (and Jenna). I have been dreading potty training here. Lyndin pees and poops on her little potty all the time and I'm too lazy to call today the day. I need to though ASAP before she looses interest. I kept meaning to tell you I was going to sign up for the half you are doing with you until I realized it's the same weekend as Brian's 1st Triathlon. I'd LOVE to do a race with you though so if you have any more let me know.
That is awesome! Laughing about the crying kitties.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS