Girls Weekend in Portland

I find that I have a LOT of leverage on David when it comes to getting away these days!  He has NO ROOM for complaining if I leave for a few days!  HAHA!!

I flew up to Portland to meet my mom, Alise and sister-in-law Heather.  We were sad to not have Trisha and Becky there but are hoping next year we all can go!  It was such a great break and fun, fun, fun!  Our plans were to shop, eat, shop, shop, get makeovers and SHOP some more!  We did want to get pedicures but found our shopping went to a new level and we weren’t ready to stop!  HAHA!!

When I flew in we checked in to our hotel just down the road.  We had a couple of hours to kill before meeting up with my Grandpa Floyd and his wife Janie for dinner.  So we wasted no time.  We went to some shoe stores, IKEA, Ross and Maurices.   Aren’t they cute?

2012-04-05 17.07.11

After dinner at Red Robin!  We were all happy to eat!  We were starving.  It has been almost 2 years since seeing these 2!  Miss them so much and so it was so fun to be able to see them although it was short!2012-04-05 20.00.52

Alise gave Heather and Mom a trim in the bathroom after we got back from dinner!  I didn’t even bother bringing hair product or a straightner with me.  I know I have all I need when I am with these women!  We then changed into our swimsuits and hit the hot tub and pool.  Can I just say that I enjoyed swimming by myself a little to much!  Oh the freedom!!!  Very relaxing.  I didn’t have to worry about anyone drowning!  I could have swam for several hours.  And the eye makeup!!!  HAHAHA!!!

DSC_0493

Heather, Alise and I went downstairs to the workout room at 6 am.  I felt like I was cheating because it was really 7 am for me!  It was fun to work out for an hour with those girls!  All 3 of us use the Fitness Pal app on our cell phone that shows how much we work out and stuff like that.  So it was fun to get our sweat on together!

473234_2031582886405_1749130910_1007788_585879808_o

We were out of the hotel by 9 and since the mall doesn’t open until 10 we went to Target!  We definitely made the most of our time!  We didn’t stop that night until 8 pm and decided we had better get dinner.  We ate at the Olive Garden and it was delicious!  When you don’t live by each other you can buy the same things and no one knows!

DSC_0495DSC_0496

Yes we did some damage!  I was practically sitting on my suitcase to get it to shut on the way home!  And the no sales tax in Portland is AWESOME!!  Saturday morning we had makeover’s scheduled at 10 am.  It was so much fun to get some new makeup!  We could not have gotten around Portland without my mom’s GPS.  Luckily we didn’t spend a lot of time driving!

DSC_0498DSC_0499DSC_0500DSC_0501

We hit the Cheesecake Factory for lunch and one last stop at Nordstrom Rack before going to the airport.  It was just the weekend I needed to rejuvenate me!  I can’t wait until next year!  I love this yearly tradition that we have made together! 

139

Comments

How FUN!! I think I need a weekend like that. Beauty funs in your family. I love it!
kate said…
I'm so glad you had such a good time, Kira!! Looks like it was a blast... love all the shopping bags :) I NEED to talk my mom and sisters into starting this tradition. SO fun!
Jenks Family said…
WOW I want to shop like that!!!
Looks like a blast. You are all too cute! Nice you have leverage on David.
The McGary's said…
How fun! You girls are so cute! I love your hair, I want your hair color too:)
Courtney said…
Sounds like you had a blast! I love girls weekends.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS