Bike Riding

One of my absolute favorite things about our new area is the bike trail 1/4 mile up the road.  Jason was at the neighbor’s house a couple nights ago and was riding their very small bike with out training wheels.  I tried a couple of weeks ago to help him ride his bike but one fall and he was done.  I guess he just had to do it on his own.  Then he realized he could ride his bike.  Oh the freedom!  He has been out on that thing all day this week.  We have been loving Spring Break!  So Wednesday we packed up some snacks and water bottles and headed out!  I think mom needs a bikeSmile 

IMG_3834

On one of our breaks Alyssa had her Book of Mormon out and was “reading”.  Doesn’t she look so relaxed holding her bunny?  She seriously just cracks me up!  She even brought along her hand held mirror.  I guess she remembered all of the necessities.  You know, just in case we got stranded or something!IMG_3835

Jenna was loving it too!  She is such a good girl and loves to be outside!IMG_3836

On the way up to the canyon it is more up hill.  We made it 2 miles.  You can see the mountains and we made it just to the inside of them.  The kids wanted to go farther but I knew how far we had to go BACK!  And I was walking!!  I thought 4 miles was plenty for one day.  Especially since I had already done my workout which included a 3 mile run earlier.  I needed a nap!

IMG_3838IMG_3839

I never saw Cameron and Melanie the whole way back.  They flew home.  Jason told me to “run down the hill” when we went down so I could go faster!  We would have never gone riding around town for 4 miles with all the stop lights, so the bike trail is the perfect place to go!

Comments

Wow! Way to go!!! I think you need a bike too. Pushing a double stroller is not easy. :) But then again I am saying that to wonderwoman!
How awesome to live next to fun things. Yes, you do need a bike!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS