Cameron hits the double digits!

A few months ago I mentioned to Cameron how big he was getting.  His response was “Mom I am only in the single digits!”  HAHA!!  Well, not anymore!  My first baby boy is 10!  I made the mistake, uh, well I showed Cameron a really cute idea I found on pinterest of an Angry Birds birthday party last fall.  The rest is history and that is where we went with all the planning.  I am not a huge birthday party thrower.  It is a lot of work and unwanted stress really!  But this just looked like so much fun I could not pass it up! 

First I painted the balls with Angry Bird and Pig faces.  The kids LOVED seeing these things!

2012-04-01 20.55.11 (1)2012-04-01 23.25.00

There are SO MANY good ideas online of what to do at an Angry Birds Birthday Party.  I really had to pick and choose!  But this would most definitely be what NOT to do on the Birthday…

2012-04-04 07.43.20

What a mess!  Broken glass and cake everywhere!  I made two cake mixes.  This one was to be used as hills and any landscaping I thought it could use.  Instead of making another I ditched the landscaping idea and went with “easy”.2012-04-04 12.23.53

Luckily for me we got the kids the angry birds game and it had all the things I needed!  I was NOT going to make fondant pigs as some of the people online had.  I used chocolate wafers as the wood and chocolate frosting as the cement to hold it together.  Cameron’s hushed voice when he saw it was awesome!  I love when I surprise them so much they are almost speechless.  And the cake was a HUGE hit among his friends.

IMG_3789 

APPY BIRTHDAY (since Angry Birds is an App!)

IMG_3790

Alyssa dressed up for the party!  IMG_3792

IMG_3793

Let the fun begin!  There were 7 boys invited and they all came!  They had a blast having water balloon fights, Easter Egg hunt (the one to find the white egg won), Pop the Pig, and of course an Angry Bird launcher at the Pigs.

IMG_3795IMG_3797IMG_3798IMG_3801IMG_3802IMG_3803IMG_3806IMG_3810IMG_3811IMG_3812

We were so lucky to have the best weather of the week this day!  I was worried with the water balloons if we would be able to do it!  Then Cameron got to open his fun gifts from all his friends!  He was so excited!

IMG_3814IMG_3815

The Gang!

IMG_3819IMG_3821

While the Pizza cooked the boys played with the new toys!IMG_3823IMG_3824IMG_3827

That cake has to be demolished!  Can you find the Angry Bird in the 2nd picture?IMG_3828IMG_3829IMG_3831

The boys had a blast and Jason and Melanie had just as much fun as if it were their own party! 

After the party Cameron got his present from Mom and Dad.  He got a new Mountain Bike.  He needed a new one and loves to ride it around the neighborhood!

Happy Birthday Cameron!  We Love You!!

Comments

Oh my word you are such a fun mom. What a darling birthday and what a cute big boy you have.
kate said…
darling birthday! and the cake turned out FAB, way to go girl! :)
Courtney said…
wow that cake is awesome!! and I love the Appy Birthday sign. hahaha

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS