Easter

Well, since I was in Portland Easter weekend the kids really missed out on all of the activities associated with this holiday.  Sunday the girls wore their Easter dresses to church so I did not want to miss another opportunity of capturing this moment in time.  Cameron always wears a white shirt to church.  This particular week he wore a black one.  His last though.  I believe in wearing white shirts to church.  Neither picture turned out great so I will put both up.

IMG_3842IMG_3843

See?  Not great!  Melanie just cried when she saw that SHE did not match the other girls and their dresses were “cuter” Easter morning.  I guess you can’t win them all.  Especially with Melanie!  She even insisted that we go to Costco after Easter so that SHE could look to see if they had one her size because her mom just didn’t look good enough.  She even kept her tags on her dress (that was hidden) her first time to church.  Just incase we took it back.  We went to Costco and just as I told her, no size 8 dress.  Maybe next year she won’t get one.  To much drama!

Besides the drama though I wanted to give an update on each one of the kids.  This is, in my opinion, the best time in life!  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my kids’ ages.  Sweet and still innocent enough yet old enough to take care of themselves.

Cameron is cracking me up lately!  He is asking questions like “when do I get to shave” and “can I get some boxers?”  He is always hanging out with a friend and he has one in particular that they get along with really well.  He is SO artistic and very talented in drawing.  He Is always sitting at the table sketching some sort of creature.  He is starting to worry more about me embarrassing him, especially in front of girls.  He has a great sense of humor.  Sometimes though we have to remind him when it is appropriate for it and when to stop!

Melanie is such a pleaser.  I hear so many compliments from her teachers at church, school and piano.  She is an excellent student and very attentive.  She is getting better at piano and can sit down and play her songs more on her own without me having to sit down with her for each practice.  She has become quite the reader and can start and finish a “Junie B. Jones, 1st Grader” book in one night.  She is pretty proud of this because she took a while to really like reading and didn’t love it until this year.  I am glad she likes to read because I loved to read books when I was little.  She LOVES to have her hair done and wants something different and new and cute every day.  I just don’t have the time for it so it happens maybe once a week we do something new.

Jason has become a pro bike rider!  He has quickly moved up to Cameron’s old 16” bike.  The seat is still a little high and he has to jump on before he can reach the pedals.  Kind of tricky.  He is a determined boy though and doesn’t stop after the 3rd time of trying.  He will go back and forth from his 14” bike and the 16” bike.  It is nice to have options.  He has also a natural athletic ability in him with a lot of determination.  He doesn’t like to show much emotion either.  Cameron is still his favorite!

Alyssa is my little sweetheart.  She has a smile that can light up a room!  She is so funny too.  She loves to dress up and changes up her outfits and what she wears with them all the time.  She can put together quite the outfit.  She is my little fashion lady.  She still loves to help me cook and likes to sample everything we make.  She is excited to celebrate her 5th birthday in June and also to go to Kindergarten in the Fall.

Jenna is getting so big!  I just love everything about that little girl!  She is my sidekick and we have fun together.  She is talking so much and has such good manners.  Always saying “excuse me, sorry, thanks mom”.  Her favorite thing is Nursery.  She just loves it!  Her naps have become more spread out.  She either goes to bed later in the afternoon or is cranky because she didn’t get one.  She loves to be outside.  Her favorite is to take stroller rides.  She also likes to go with her sisters to their friend’s house and play.  She feels big.  And here is another thing we found out Jenna can do…

IMG_3846

Comments

Enriquez Family said…
shes one of us Kira!!!!!
Your kids are adorable in every way. Seriously, beautiful family.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS