Melanie’s 1st Grade Field Trip

IMG_2738

                                                         (Melanie, Kambree and Jordan on the bus)

Tuesday Melanie had her fieldtrip.  I have awesome neighbors who volunteered to watch my other 3 kids at home.  The kids BEGGED me to go on their fieldtrip with them.  I haven’t ever been because it is so hard with kids at home and especially babies.  I really wanted to go with them this year.  I am very grateful for the neighbors I have!! 

We were put into groups and along with Melanie, Kambree and Jordan were in our group.  We had a blast together.  Cute girls!  Everyone says Melanie looks like me, and she does in a lot of ways.  But I think in elementary school I resembled more this girl in our group.  Curly hair and buck teeth!  She made me smile!!

IMG_2750

We went to the Bean Museum on the BYU campus in Provo.  It is all about animals.  They have every animal there it seemed!  We saw all of the same animals Grandpa McGary shot in Africa there and more!  Waiting for a presentation on plants and animals:

  IMG_2739IMG_2742

The highlights of the presentation were the iguana and petting the turtle.  Made Melanie even more animal hungry!IMG_2745IMG_2746

In front of some of the animals.  We had a scavenger hunt to find different kinds of animals.  IMG_2747

Melanie’s Class:

IMG_2748IMG_2751

Then we drove back to West Jordan and went to the Water Conservatory Gardens.  We ate our sack lunches and then took a tour of the gardens.  I think the parents were more interested in what kinds of plants and flowers to grow in their yard and garden than the kids. 

This picture below was cute.  When I went to take it of the 3 girls, Brayden jumped in and said he wanted in it!  He is in our neighborhood and goes to our ward.  His older brother is in Cameron’s class and they both come over and play a lot.  I liked how he wanted in the picture and he just jumped in!

  IMG_2752

Comments

How fun for you to be able to go with Melanie. I was just telling Brian today this time of year & activities makes me miss teaching. :)
Enriquez Family said…
Glad you got to go! But Bean museum? Why is it called that? strange... doesnt make sense! But seemed better then it sounds!!! How fun for Melanie to see all the animals! Her and Keenan would get along great! that kid!!
David and Kira said…
They named it after the founder. His last name was Bean.
Enriquez Family said…
You need to have Grandpa McGary tell you how M. L. Bean made it possible for them to get this farm after they finished their church building mission here in Basin City. Grandpa knew M. L. Bean, and it was all because of him that you grew up where you did! Grandpa would love to share the story with you.

Love Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS