Happy New Year 2011

WOW!! Time is flying by! Looking back, I am happy with the way 2010 ended for me. I started off the year making NO New Year's resolutions. 2009 was a huge disappointment for me and I didn't accomplish anything I had made a goal to do. So going into 2010 I decided against making any resolutions. And it worked out well for me in the end. The two big accomplishments for me that I made personally in the middle of 2010:

1.) I finished the Book of Mormon in 5 1/2 months. There were times when I was 30 CHAPTERS behind! But I stayed motivated and committed and I am so happy with myself I accomplished this. It was hard and I realized how much out of habit I was at reading every day from that book!

2.) I got my body back in shape. The best shape I have ever been in my life!

I have felt physically and spiritually recharged.

I have hesitated and debated whether or not to make any resolutions for this year. After working so hard on the upper 2 goals and accomplishing them I have realized how strong I really am. I CAN finish something! I guess I found out that anything worth finishing is HARD WORK. So I have decided on 3 goals for myself.

1.) Read the Book of Mormon in 60 Days! In November our Stake President challenged us to read the Book of Mormon in 60 DAYS! I don't think I could do it if I hadn't gotten in the habit from last year. It comes out to around 9 pages a day! I am on day 2 and at page 19...so far so good!

2.) Fast every month this year. This has been a struggle for us since being married. We just plain forget! And then being pregnant or nursing for most of that time hasn't helped. This is something I want to work on and get better at! One month down, 11 to go!

3.) Run in a 5K and 10K. I am going to keep up my working out and actually do something with it. I haven't run in a race for a very long time. I am excited for the challenge!

2011--Be good to me!!!

Comments

I loved reading about what you accomplished in 2010 and what you said about being recharged. That motivated me. It seems it's through the little things that recharge us. Thanks for always being an example to me. I hope 2011 is good to you too!
I am glad that you had a great year. Agree with Candace about the recharge thing and being motivated. I hope to do that this year.
smcgary said…
Wow. You had a banner year. You are a determined woman- amazing. Can't wait to see your California trip blog pictures. Glad you got to go play for a few days. Love you. Drive safe.

Love
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS