I'm Down

We have been here for 2 weeks now. We have stayed busy while being here. Always something to find to do. But I am ready to go home. I am ready, as are my parents. It's not very fun to see your parents point out the things your kids do wrong. It's probably a mixture of used to being empty nesters and my kids being super whiny. General Conference is supposed to be uplifting and encouraging and being around my family and their kids I felt more like I was failing as a mother and overwhelmed with everything I needed to do to improve on. I have a LOT to improve! I am feeling like my ship is leaking in to many places and I don't have enough hands to plug the holes!

Coming up here was a good decision though. If I had stayed in Utah, I would be sitting around feeling sorry for myself and hating David's job and so on and so forth. I don't feel any of that, just worn down and ready for structure again in our lives. Normal. 4 more days until David flies into WA, one week until we leave to Utah, home.

And tonight I read a friend's blog from our ward that broke my heart and completely shocked me. I hate divorce. Makes me sad for her and her family. It was a real shocker because David has been looking at buying a car through him at an auction. No clue.

**I will post pictures of our trip when we get back home and settled. The fun part of blogs.

Comments

The Ottley's said…
You made it a lot longer then I would. It's usually about 2 days and I'm ready to be home! :) Glad to hear you are staying busy!
I am sure you are doing better than you think you are. Keep your chin up, motherhood is hard!! Glad you have been busy though and that it won't be too long before home. I love to visit family, but home is always nice.
Andrea Lee said…
well your trip has been pretty long! and your kids must be somewhat board with your parents gone during the day and their cousins in school! My house is a whole lot of boringness but if you have an empty day we should meet at my parents house. Are there swimsuits you can borrow from heather or becky? I bet that would be fun for them. I have a suit you can wear. Or we can go to the library...?
Staying with family is soooo hard! I always feel like I'm doing ok until we get around family. Doesn't it seem your kids act up the most or just don't behave. I hate it. I tease I just want to be a hermit. :) No matter what you are feeling though I think you are one amazing mom and are doing everything right. YOu sure inspire me! Can't wait to see your pictures.
Deborah Austin said…
Its always wonderful to be home!!! Your family pictures turned out awesome your family is beautiful! Don't get down on yourself, you are an amazing mother!!! The best one for your kids. It's easy to think you're not but you are!
Bonnie said…
Seriously, everybodys parents grow old and forget what its like!! You know they love ya. I have seen you, your a great mom. Call me when you get back so we can get together!
Mikaela said…
I think being at grandparents is tough. Your parents get to be the fun grandparents with no rules, or so kids think. Extended stays get trying on all. I know, I lived with my parents for 6 months! :)

I also have to say that you really are great. In fact, because of you, we have made a goal to read the Book of Mormon, and we have been doing it almost every night. Seeing how proud your kids were really touched me! So thank you for that!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS