Women's Conference

I quickly wanted to write my thoughts down. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED women's conference! Always uplifting, inspiring and spiritually rejuvenating! I debated getting a babysitter. I so needed a break tonight. But I hate calling up a babysitter and asking if she would babysit for free. I just couldn't do it. So, luckily I remembered it is broad casted on t.v. What a blessing! I set up the DVR and it worked out perfect! And besides, I like crying better in my own home than with everyone wondering what is wrong during the talks!! I am more emotional than other ladies!

Listening made me realize I have so much to work on. Which is why conference is so wonderful. It lets you self evaluate. These are some things I am recommitting to doing better.

1. Personal and meaningful morning and night prayers. I have done well on my night prayers, but always struggle with mornings. So 3 weeks ago I wrote on our bathroom mirror "Prayer and Scriptures" to help me remember when I wake up. Unfortunately, I still forget! But after the talks, I am recommitting to doing better!

2. Scripture Study. This is also something I have been working on and have made a goal to finish by the end of the year. I have been struggling a little though and am pushing myself to accomplish this important goal.

3. Attending the Temple. David has done REALLY well in this area, and I am going to make it a goal of mine also. I love it there. I want to be there more often.

4. Serving the sister's I visit teach. I am happy when I serve, so I am going to do it more!

I also decided I need to write to President Monson's wife and find out how she did it all the time! Raising a family while her husband was always on the Lord's errand. What a trooper! She definitely had angels helping her! (I am kidding about writing a letter, but I need to know her secret of coping while her husband was gone!)

Comments

Mikaela said…
I, too, enjoyed listening to the talks and thoughts shared. I was left in awe as President Monson shared his true, Christ-like service when he talked of visiting the widows on Christmas day and not having time for his family. It really hit me that I'm pretty darn selfish. It was such a great conference!

Also, when I read President Hinckley's autobiography, his wife had a comment in there, and she said she was okay with her husband's service because she knew where he was. He wasn't out gambling, drinking, etc. She had it easy. Different and great way to view it. I struggle with this one! :) So just an idea...
I agree with you. Women's Conference was absolutely amazing. It seems the more I hear President Monson the more I adore him. Isn't it funny though how the spirit works and each person learns/recommits to differnt things? I love it!

P.S. On our last trip to SL I told Brian next time we go out I really wanted to call you up. I never see you but I have come to just love ya. So don't be surprised when you hear from me. :)
The Ottley's said…
I watched Women's Conference this morning! It was a perfect start to the day! I love having a prophet who leads us today!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS