Our Family Goal

I,
Cameron
I,
Melanie

I,
Jason
I,
Alyssa
Have READ the Book of Mormon!!
We finished a family goal tonight. It has taken us 1 1/2 years to accomplish it, but we did it!! Some days by verses, some days by chapters. And then there were those days when David wasn't home, and I was trying to get all of the kids to settle down, listen, sit still, stop hitting, put their toy away, or what ever it was during scripture reading. Patience was thin, or not there at all! There were also many times when it was just me and the kids I just felt like I couldn't do it. No energy or patience at the end of the day to handle one more thing and I would send the kids to bed and miss our family scripture reading. I definitely could relate to Elder Bednards talk in General Conference! But, we endured. I am so proud of the kids. Hopefully this will be the first of many more times to read through the Book of Mormon for them. We promised the kids long ago if we read the whole Book of Mormon, we would go to Lagoon when we got done. So this summer we are celebrating at Lagoon!! Wahoo!!

When we were in the middle of 3rd Nephi, about 3/4 of the way done, Cameron decided he wanted to read on his own from there. A lot of times after going to bed he had his flash light on reading his Book of Mormon. He was really excited about reading it. It is very humbling to see your 7 year old son enjoying to read the scriptures on his own. He would take it with him to church and read through the whole hour of Sacrament meeting. He finished the Book of Mormon before we did. He finished about 3 weeks ago and has started over from the beginning. The best part is to see them feel and recognize the spirit. A month ago when church was over Cameron told me that he felt the spirit in class and touched his heart. I am so grateful for these experiences and feelings my children are having. I am so grateful that Cameron will have the opportunity in a couple of months to be baptized and have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. And I am grateful that he has a growing testimony of the Book of Mormon!

Comments

W said…
Way to go! and I'm so glad to hear about Jason's canceled surgery.
Jenks Family said…
great job, there are so many night I think is this worth it????
Enriquez Family said…
WOW!!! Way to go!!! Thats so awesome! And knowing they have a trip this summer kinda fun!!! Im trying to get tickets from there to raffle off! Hopefully!
WOW!!! I am so impressed. What an amazing family goal and what an amazing family to stick to it and finish it. Thanks for your example.
smcgary said…
Yay!! You did it!! Hats off to all of you! We noticed Cameron reading his scriptures when we were there with the kids at church. Way to go, Nephi! Lagoon, here you come!

Love,
Mom & Dad
The Ottley's said…
Oh.My.Goodness! I am so impressed! I would never think it possibly! Nice work! :)
Scott and Kelli said…
I'm loving the pictures of your kids, and how excited they are. What a great goal to have accomplished as a family.
sandtreasures said…
What good parents you are! I am sure each one of your children will look back at this accomplishment as they grow older and remember when they read the Book of Mormon. Way to Go!!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS