Crafting with my Sister

My sister was in SLC last week for dr. appts with her son and stopped by the day to craft with me! It was a lot of fun. We way over planned, but the kids did pretty good playing with each other and Jenna was a really good baby that day for me! So I threw some food in the crock pot and we started. I ran over to Lowe's and got some thick 1.5" wood for my projects. We traced on the wood and started cutting on our scroll saws that we got from our mom and dad for xmas. Alise brought hers down and we had a party in my basement! In the middle of the day I told Alise "We are doing it! We are doing what we dreamed of last fall when we went to the craft store!" We realized then the only affordable way to make fun wood projects was having our own saw. Luckily xmas was right around the corner!!
Keenan, Jason and Alyssa watching Toy Story on the portable DVD player.This is what I got done for the day. Yes it took most of the day to cut these. First it is very thick wood and it goes a LOT slower. Second, well we did have 7 kids all needing to be fed, cared for and disciplined through it all!! It was great fun though and a needed break from cleaning during the day. I got all of my ideas from "The Wood Connection". They are located down here but they have a website, www.thewoodconnection.com. Nothing a printer and enlarging can't do!!

I painted the front sanded the edges then stained the sides and back. The shamrocks are still in the making. I have 3 different green scrapbook papers that I am modge podging on to the front of each one.

Comments

HOw cute! Your girl's talent never ceases to amaze me.
The McGary's said…
I think I want a scroll saw now! Don't even know what it is but if it can do that sign me up! Those look great!
Enriquez Family said…
And I love these!!! CANNOT wait to do em'! Can't wait to see you in a couple weeeks again! that one day was just not enough!
Sessions said…
How Cute Kira!! You area HIRED!!
Those are SO amazing! I want to come play....
smcgary said…
Being good enough that Santa Dad bought you and Alise your own scroll saws is impressive. Lucky you! Such a cute sign!!! Is March the month you eat Lucky Charms for breakfast every morning?

Love,
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS