BIG MIRACLE for us!!

We have been planning and preparing for Jason's upcoming heart surgery on February 25th. The last week of January the Primary President in church came up to me and asked if it was okay to ask the children in Primary to fast for Jason the next Sunday, fast Sunday. Of course I said yes and was very appreciative that others were thinking of Jason.

Last Sunday we told the kids what was going on about Jason getting surgery. We answered questions the kids had and told them we would be gone for several days while Jason was in the hospital. David gave each of the kids a blessing also. It was a good night.

My Visiting Teachers came over last Tuesday and they offered to watch my kids during the pre-surgery appts. and take Jenna on the day of surgery. I had everything scheduled with them and what days they were going to take what kids. My mother-in-law was coming up to be with the kids for the week Jason would be in the hospital. Several people had put Jason's name on the prayer roll in the temple and lots had offered prayers in their home.

Last Wednesday we went with Jason to the pre-surgery class at Primary Children's Hospital. They showed us around the hospital. Took us to where we would say good-bye and take him through the double doors. Talk about heart wrenching! I almost lost it there and the surgery wasn't even happening that day!! They showed us the game room where they can go to and play after surgery and while they are in recovery. Jason was very timid and quiet through it all. I don't know how much he understands, but I'm sure more than we know.

The next day, Thursday we went to the hospital again to do an Echo of his heart and blood work. The tech performed the echo while Jason, David and I watched Kung Fu Panda. After reviewing the echo by the cardiologist he couldn't see any muscle bundles, which is the cause for the surgery, and wanted us to move to the room that had a 3D monitor. So we moved to the next room over and the cardiologist came in and together with the tech they looked at the pictures. We were in the rooms for 2 1/2 hours doing echos on Jason's heart. Jason did awesome through it all. Jason's dr. came in and told us they might be cancelling the surgery but wanted to hear from the head cardiologist there that first diagnosed the problem and ordered the surgery. So we left the hospital very hopeful. Friday we were confirmed that the surgery would be cancelled. The head cardiologist still thinks Jason has muscle bundles because the flow of blood is a little higher, but they don't appear to be as big as originally thought. So, we will go again in 6 months for another echo. The muscle bundles, if there, will continue to get bigger but at what rate they will grow isn't sure.

There is NO DOUBT that this is a miracle for our family right now. I know Jason is being preserved from the surgery at this time. We are SO GRATEFUL to everyone that has thought of Jason and our family. The Primary President let the children in primary know that their fasting and prayers worked and Jason's surgery was cancelled. It was very touching. My neighbor told me today after church that one of the little girls in primary (I think she is 9) ran up to her and said "Our fasting and prayers worked! Jason doesn't have to have surgery! It's a MIRACLE!!" It truly is a miracle for us!

Comments

Oh wow. That brought tears to my eyes. How amazing. It really is evident that the Lord is in control and has so much love for all of us. Those Primary kids (and your children) needed that experience. I'm SO glad Jason doesn't have to go through surgery and will pray all will continue to go well.
That is so amazing and awesome for your family. Yeah!!
Mikaela said…
What an amazing miracle for you, indeed! When I remember you posting about the surgery, I couldn't help but feel a little bit overwhelmed for you, especially expecting a baby, etc. I'm so happy that things have worked out. What an amazing thing!
Susanna said…
WOW!!!!!! That is so awesome! It is amazing the power that fasting and prayer has! What a great experience to have and remember.
The McGary's said…
That gave me chills! That is so awesome. What a blessing!
The Ottley's said…
What a supportive community you live in! I'm so glad to hear all is well and sugery wasn't needed!
Jenks Family said…
That is awesome, I can't even imagine how happy your family was.
Sessions said…
WOW! What a miracle!
My heart is seriously smiling right now for you. I remembered his surgery coming up and this past week, I have been thinking of you, your family, and poor little Jason. I couldn't imagine my little child having to go through such a major surgery. What a testimony of faith, fasting, and prayer! Hugs to all of you!
Unknown said…
Wow the gospel is soooo amazing! I can't imagine either as others have said for a child of mine to go through such major surgery! Tubes was hard enough! I am excited to read about him in 6 months!!
smcgary said…
Your family is proof that miracles still happen. I'm so glad Jason doesn't have to have surgery. We love all of you.

Love,
Mom & Dad

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS