Ear Piercing

So I have been warming Melanie up for a year to get her ears pierced. I thought it'd be fun for her to start kindergarten with them pierced but she was to scared. When she got to class and saw that there were a lot of other girls with their ears pierced it started to change her mind. Then her really good friend down the road got her ears pierced in October and the rest is history for her desire!
So for her upcoming birthday Sunday we took a trip to the mall and got her ears pierced. She was excited and nervous to do it. She kept saying on the car ride there, "I can't believe I am going to get my ears pierced!"
Putting on the mark for the earring.
I love her expression here! She let out an "OUCH!" on the first ear. No tears. I was so proud of her!
Shooting the earring in the 2nd ear.
All done! Yeah!!
Looking in the mirror and cleaning her ear.

It was a fun night out. We went and celebrated at Cold Stone with some ice cream.

Comments

Enriquez Family said…
dang how I really wish we had pics when we went! Although i dont think our hair looked as cute! I probably had some major bangs, and you, had frizzy curly hair... hahaha! good times! miss you! cant wait to see you in a couple weeks!
How fun. I can't help but notice what a pretty girl she is. You're so lucky with her.
smcgary said…
You are such a big girl, Melanie. You look so cute with your new earrings. I'm so glad your are a big helper with your baby sister. Happy Birthday!

Love,
Grandpa & Grandma McGary
yay! That is so cute! I remember the day I went and got my ears pierced. Definitely a day that a girl remembers. How fun!!!
Mikaela said…
She is so grown up with here earrings! She is so cute Kira!
Scott & Ali said…
you sure do have a cute family kira!
marciekoch said…
cute cute Kira - she is adorable! Melissa got to spend Saturday at the retreat - taught in the morning and then she got to work on her own projects all afternoon. Miriam was there with her for a little bit. It was a lot of fun!
Susanna said…
She looks so cute with earrings! She is super brave with no tears! I'm impressed.
I should have waited longer with Lily. Her ears got infected and so we had to take them out and let them grow in.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS