One Week Old

It feels like so much has happened in the last week, but at the same time like nothing really has happened. My parents left bright and early Wednesday morning, 3 am. I think they missed their own bed?! It was great to have them here and we really appreciated all that they did for our family. It's fun to get spoiled every now and then! David's parents came into town late Tuesday night from their vacation in WA. They left Wednesday morning before noon to lots of snow falling. They got to kiss on Jenna before they left and see what Santa brought the kids.David took off Wednesday and Thursday from work to help me at home. It was nice to be able to run to the store, catch a little nap or just have someone else to hand the baby to so I could take care of everything else a mom does during the day. Jenna has been a great baby so far. She is sleeping well at night. As good as a newborn does. The kids still love and adore their new sister. The new thing is to stand holding Jenna. I will not let them attempt stairs with her. That's not gonna happen! We have really enjoyed slowing down this past week. When I went out to do errands on Wednesday to get a few things, the song on the radio was "Your Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins. That song just makes me want to cry sometimes. Being a mommy to little kids is hard at times, but worth it. I really am going to miss this stage of life with my kids being little. I think I will miss every stage of their life, when a new chapter folds over. When no more babies come to our home, when there are no more kindergarten orientations, no more baptisms, no more teenagers (well, we shall see about that one!) I guess just enjoy the moments now! And we are enjoying this blessing our family has received!

Comments

Deborah Austin said…
Congrats on that sweet baby she is beautiful and precious. What a great after Christmas, Christmas present!

I am jealous of your Dad that it pretty nice to have all that done while they were there!

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas and now you have a sweet little baby to enjoy!!!
She's so beautiful! I'm so glad we were able to meet little Jenna while passing through. It's funny how we all feel that way. This morning I was sitting there wishing that Jack could tell me all that he was thinking, yet when I packed away all of his newborn clothes yesterday, it made me want to cry. He's growing too fast. Being a mother is the best thing anyone could ever imagine. We must soak it all in :)
She is adorable! I'm glad things are going so well. Such a great message to us all about soaking in the every day moments. :)
Enriquez Family said…
She is so stinkin cute! I love her already! And I love the pic of her looking up at Cameron!
Melissa said…
She is so precious Kira!!! Love her...
Sessions said…
She is Beautiful!!I feel the same way, on those days when I think I can't take it anymore i hear those little feet running on the floor I think I am going to miss this. It is the hardest greatest job to be a Mom and Kira you are good at it!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS