Count Down is on!

Mom and Dad (Grandma and Grandpa)- 1 day
Christmas- 3 days
Baby- 4 days

So much excitement here. And snow today to add to the fun! The kids have their last school day tomorrow. I've been crossing off my mental list now for a week as I accomplish things in preparation for this week. It's been busy, but fun.

A family in our ward did a 12 days of Christmas for us and we met them tonight. I was surprised at who it was and never would have guessed. The kids have loved to find treats by our door every night for the past week and a half.

Alyssa has been trying to transition from being the baby to wanting to be a "big girl". She wants both at different times. It makes me laugh and just try to keep her my baby for a little bit longer. Yesterday she decided she wanted to take a nap in the crib still set up in her room. She hasn't slept in that since last summer. So I let her one last time and she loved it! She is also getting interested in the potty and wearing big girl underwear. She wants to sit on it, but freaks out if anything happens! She almost acts like she's in trouble for going in it. So I am not pushing it. It is always easier when they are ready anyways! She is miss independent when it comes to putting on her own clothes. Both girls have been more independent when it comes to getting themselves dressed at an early age.

Jason is finally on some allergy medicine that seems to be helping. Although we all have colds again. I don't know how much Allegra will cost since we are just using samples from the doctor to see if it works. I hope it isn't a pretty penny!!

Melanie had pajama day today at school and her class watched The Polar Express. She goes in with the morning kindergartners tomorrow and they will sing Christmas songs that they have been practicing. I'm sad the parents aren't invited. Melanie has been singing "Santa's Using Zebra's Now" around the house. It's got funny lyrics and makes me smile when she sings it.

Cameron is geared up and ready for Santa. He has written several letters to Santa and has put them in the mail box in hopes of Santa getting it. Santa's helper has been receiving those letters while he is at school and the other kids aren't watching out the window. Cameron has also been a helper himself. He got some cards from school that say "Santa's Elf has been here and picked up the toys." The first one was when he picked up all the toys in the hall and left the note on the closet door. He had all the kids going and thinking a real elf had come to the house. I think he liked "pretending". It's fun to see the kids get in the Christmas spirit.

My brother, Seth and his wife, Heather had a new baby yesterday. They named her Macy.
She is adorable and it makes me excited to have ours. They have 2 boys and 3 girls also, just like we will. When Seth found out we were expecting another one just a day apart from each other he told me we better not have ours before them! Well, he got his wish.

Comments

marciekoch said…
Kira, You probably won't see this until after you have the baby - but I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you and can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful baby! Merry Christmas!
I've been thinking about you today and am excited to meet your little girl. When I made plans with you to stay at your house the 28th, I didn't realize that you'd have your baby and that would probably be your first night back at home. I CAN'T WAIT! I hope we can help and that we aren't a burden there. That is so cute that Alisa slept in her crib and is having her last moments of being the baby. We can't wait to meet Jenna!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS