I wouldn't recommend this!

Last night the kids and I went to the library after Cameron got done with his homework. When we got home, I had just enough time to make dinner before going to the "meet the teacher night" at the school at 6:30. So I thought I would make enchiladas and leave them on the stove ready to cook when I got home. David had mutual and was gone. So when the kids and I got back from the school, it was already 7:45. I thought okay, a 1/2 an hour to cook the enchiladas and eat and then get the kids to bed. When I walked into the kitchen I turned on the oven and went to go move the pans that were ready and waiting to be cooked. They were REALLY hot! I had left the stove burner on and didn't realize it!! We have gas and it was on LO and I guess I forgot to turn it off. When I looked under the foil the sauce was bubbling. I thought great! Dinner is ready! Wahoo!! It tasted good, but the middle of the pan where it got the direct heat was burnt. If the meat wasn't pre-cooked, I would have probably put it in the oven for some more time. But 1 1/2 hours on the stove top cooked it pretty good!!

Comments

The McGary's said…
That's kind of funny:) What a nice surprise to come home to, saved yourself a half hour:)
School has started already???? Crazy!!! I hate to admit it but I leave our burners on all the time-too bad I don't get dinner out of it. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS