What am I doing AWAKE?!

It's 4:30 am. I have been awake since 3:30, what am I doing awake?!!!! I HATE it when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep. David was working late and so I fell asleep on the couch at about 10:30. Finally woke up enough to go to bed at 1 am, and then less than 4 hours later I'm awake. When I wake up like this I usually wake up with all kinds of worries running through my mind. First one was that I had put the kids to bed with out brushing their teeth and they had lots of candy from Cameron's b-day party pinata. I was thinking of all the sugar sitting on their teeth. I know, nothing I can do about that in the middle of the night! Next worry? I am worried I am raising a bunch of spoiled kids who don't know how to work! I know, another thing you can't fix in the middle of the night. This is so hard for me though because it's so much easier for me to clean than to involve my kids. Yes, we do the Saturday jobs and all, but I need more consistency. This is my challenge! Third worry, I feel awful after everything I ate over the last 5 days or so. Back to working out and cutting the sweets! Cake and ice cream and donuts and Cafe Rio (2X's) isn't working so well for my body! So that's what is keeping me up till the wee hours of the night! I am enjoying reading every ones blogs though! Keep it up for my late night reads!!

(I just re-read my blog and realized if I'm waking up in the middle of the night for THIS than I'm in trouble when my kids hit the teenage years.)

Comments

*~McGarys~* said…
I know how you feel. I hate being awake because I feel like i can't do anything but be on the computer. Did you ever get to go back to bed? Sometimes if I feel like a nap but not to tired and lay down I have a hard time sleeping at night. I to am trying to get Noah clean with me. He isn't to bad you just have to keep telling him to pick up his toys a million times. But it's working. Hope you had a fun weekend with Alise and I am glade you got to go out with David:)
Enriquez Family said…
ahh! It was all worth it! Thats what vacations are all about! Cafe RIO!!! I can only dream now! But working out tonight! what a joy!
Jenks Family said…
I hate it, being a mom and worrying early in the morning about nothing. I did that the other night, I don't have anything for easter baskets yet. and have no time to run to town with NO kids.
The McGary's said…
I do that way more often than I should. Chad always tells me to QUIT thinking and go to sleep! Easier said than done.
Unknown said…
You are so stinkin cute! The things us moms do to our bodies! I do have to ask how the training is going?? I would love to say I have stopped eating candy but NO! I figure I am running enough but eating enough healthy stuff is hard for me to have the energy to run 8 miles is hard! I hope you get more sleep!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS