An Easter Message from an Apostle of the Lord

I love Easter time. I love the time it gives us to look at and examine how we are doing spiritually. I love how I get to reflect on what the Savior has done for me. I love Jesus Christ so much. Tonight for Family Home Evening I gave a lesson on being obedient and being able to return to live with our Heavenly Father and Jesus after we die. I talked about what we do every day by following the prophet with exactness. I told my kids that because David and I were sealed in the temple we would be able to live together with Jesus and Heavenly Father after we die if we were obedient. And it wasn't every one individually, it was a group effort. We want EVERYONE to be with us, Cameron, and Melanie, and Jason and Alyssa and Daddy and Mommy. By the end of the lesson I was really surprised to see Cameron just bawling. Of course I teared up too when I saw that. Cameron has such a tender heart and I see glimpses of it all of the time. I love it when my kids can recognize the spirit and learn from it. I love my kids so much. I worry about all of the temptations and sin they will face in the near future, but at times like this I KNOW they are strong!I heard on our local news station tonight about a segment of Elder Holland's talk in general conference being on YouTube. It is about the Savior and what he did for us while he walked on this earth. Elder Holland talks about Jesus Christ walking a long and lonely path so that we don't have to. Such a great talk for this Easter Season! It's only about 4 mins. long and worth every minute!

Comments

That is the sweetest story. You know you must be doing something right for him to feel the spirit. I LOVED Elder Holland's talk. I'll have to watch the clip. Thanks for sharing.
The Other two girls at the family reunions.....??? Am I missing out on something Kira? I know Anna's pregnant! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS