The New “Normal”

Can I just start by saying I miss the old normal?  If I even see a glimpse into what my future holds by the way the last month has been going I will be completely gray, crazy and very forgetful by 10 years!  A couple weeks ago I sat on the couch 15 mins. before the kids got out of school and thought “the calm before the storm”.  I need  another hour of calm!  But pick up the kids I go and the whirlwind of the end of the day starts.  Backpacks, shoes, socks, homework scattered out over the table, reading books out on the couch, snacks and food on the counter and sometimes heated up in the microwave.  The fun doesn’t stop when I am torn between usually 3 kids needing help with some sort of homework and usually it isn’t a quick answer, at least not with Jason and Alyssa.  Add piano on to that and I am still sitting down to help Melanie on her songs for another 30 mins.  Phew!  Quick, clean up and put your stuff away you have 20 mins to play with friends and then come in and get ready for practice or a game.  Games on Wednesday can get crazy with 3 games, 1 practice, scouts, activity days to top it off!  Come home everyone is hungry and dinner is served about 8 pm.  Clean up, try to find some motivation to read scriptures which is usually short.  Get the kids to bed and I still have 2 little rugrats that keep each other up talking till 11 pm!  They said it would happen.  That the kids would grow up and I would become the chauffer.  I didn’t believe them.  I do now and I don’t like the “hurry through life” kind of days!  I love Fridays.  There is nothing on Fridays.  I am so looking forward to the end of October!  Maybe the crazy, crazy will just be…um…well…not so crazy?  I can always hope!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS