Believe in Bre Throwdown

Last night Hermes Crossfit held a fundraiser for a friend whose daughter has cancer.  She is a teenager in High School.  If you wanted to compete it was $10 and then they had a raffle for a small motorcycle that was donated or you could also donate money.  I have not done a competition before, neither did I believe I would win!  But I wanted to go support and join in the fun.  I am so glad both David and I did it together.  It was one of those fun, memorable experiences!

The first Workout was weight lifting.  It was a Clean and Jerk and a deadlift.  You choose 3 different weights with 1 attempt at each weight.  I was able to clean and jerk 105 LBs and Deadlift 205 Lbs.  David Clean and Jerked 225 Lbs. and Deadlifted a new PR of 423 Lbs!  There were some HUGE guys there!  The dad of Bre, who is a professional weight lifter did 3 deadlifts in a row of 745 LBs!!  It was incredible to watch!!

85 LB Clean and Jerk235 LB Clean and Jerk423 LB DeadliftKira and Bristi 

Then we started our next Workout.  This one was 7 minutes long with 7 different movements.  Every minute on the minute you start a new thing and every rep counts.  We did pullups, wall balls, goblet squats, kettlebell swings, situps, hand release pushups and burpees.  I loved this workout!  David got a score of 151 and I got a score of 145

photo (42)photo (41)photo (40)photo (44)photo (43)

They had 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for men and women in the Weight Lifting WOD and the endurance WOD.  Then they had 1st 2nd and 3rd place finish Overall and I got 3rd Place!  I couldn’t believe it!  There were a lot of weight lifters that didn’t do both WODs and there were a lot that only did the 2nd WOD.  Otherwise there is no way I would have finished in the top 3!  But it was fun and I got a Hermes t-shirt and supplements!   Now this was an AWESOME date night!

photo (38)photo (39)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS