Another Whole30 and a New Goal

Today is day 30 of my whole30 eating.  Why did I do it?  Nope it wasn't to lose weight.  I am actually completely fine with the number on the scale.  That is one thing I learned on my first whole30, to not be obsessed with the number on the scale.  The one and only goal I had with doing the whole30 again was to gain control over my eating habits and sugar.  When I get stressed I turn to comfort food.  When I am bored I eat.  I snack in the pantry when the kids do.  Just 1 cookie turns in to 7.  I was feeling that I had lost control over my own body and my cravings were winning every time.  When I am eating healthy and can control myself when I have that urge to eat a cracker, grab a handful of chocolate chips or eat half the batch of cookies, I feel powerful.  I feel like I am overcoming the natural man in myself.  And I feel AMAZING when I am eating REAL food!!  Not the processed crap that is classified under "Food" because the FDA says it is.  I sleep more deeply, wake up more refreshed and have a ton of energy in the day if I get at least 7 hours of sleep.  And I NEVER have the guilt feeling after I have indulged on good food that is really good for my body. 

I won't lie.  The last 30 days have been hard.  Not as hard as the first go around but there have been tempting times that I have been so close to caving.  We went to a late night movie last week (10:10 pm).  It was a stressful day for David and I get stressed when he is stressed.  The popcorn ALWAYS draws me in.  It is so rare for me to go to the movie theatre and not order popcorn I could count it on one hand!  I almost got up during the previews to go get some.  But the next morning when I woke up there was no guilt of eating that terrible popcorn feeling.  I did it! The kids starting school and all their activities has been super stressful for me.  Homework and disciplining and driving and making sure kids are where they need to be and David makes it to the kids' games too.  It is going to be a whirlwind Fall.  I have wanted to eat junk food so bad for the last week!  Actually this last week has been harder than the first 3 weeks.  Last night we went to a wedding reception with friends.  By the time I had got all the kids home and left at 8:30 we had not eaten dinner.  So after the reception we went to JCW's.  Fast food place known for it's burgers and shakes.  But I managed to find an amazing salad on their menu. 

So tomorrow is the end of whole30 but not the end for me.  I have realized that I am still not over the cravings and eating for comfort.  But I will make paleo desserts every now and then for the family on family night and not miss out.  I think the kids like to see me enjoying eating treats with them and I might as well make healthy ones!

So, what is next?   On the whole30 daily emails I get it suggested making a new goal for 30 days.  I have thought about this and I have seen a few people posting a page on not yelling.  Pretty sure everyone and their dog in the neighborhood knows I need to work on this.  Wish me luck because this could be harder than cutting out the junk food!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS