Mom, A.K.A. Grandma, Comes to Visit

I am almost 32 and I still need my mom!  I pretty much begged her to come visit me (didn’t take long to convince her).  I needed some mommy time!  She flew in to town the middle of February during President’s weekend.  It was perfect!  I picked her up Saturday morning at the airport and we drove straight to downtown SLC to the “best mall in the country”, City Creek!  We went to breakfast and shopped for a bit and then went to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory.  This was the perfect weekend also because I just had finished the 45 days of whole30.  What a way to end it with cheesecake!  David also had me go over to Lululemon and buy a new workout outfit.  I wanted everything in their store!  Such cute stuff!  Then we hit the Fashion Place Mall and finished up our shopping there.  It was just the day I needed!  A girls day out! 

20130216_085813

The kids were running to the car when we pulled up so excited to see Grandma!  It was a long time for them too since seeing her back in August!  David took them to Chuck E Cheese for a couple of hours after they got all of their chores done.  It was a great night!  The kids played “Trouble” with Grandma and they were in heaven!

20130216_195624

Sunday Mom came and sat in the back of the Primary the whole time.  She got to see all the kids in there and hear me play the piano.  It was a relaxing Sunday.

20130217_103856

Monday the kids didn’t have school.  So we went and played!  We were going to go to a movie but missed the time and it was packed.  So we went to the Family Fun Center and had an even better time on the bouncy houses and shooting nerf balls at each other!  While Grandma and the 4 kids played here, Melanie wanted to go spend her birthday money.  So her and I went to Justice For Girls and she bought some cute outfits.  She joined in the last of shooting nerf balls when we got back.

20130218_15251720130218_155534

We went to dinner at Chuck Arama.  What better place to go than an all you can eat whatever?  The kids loved it!  And you can tell we were enjoying the sun that day!20130218_170919

We were all sad to send Grandma back on that plane!  It was just the weekend I needed to reenergize me for the following week when David left to the Philippines.  Thanks Mom for coming and spoiling us and the kids.  We had a blast and so so grateful you came!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS