Alyssa Got Claim to the First Broken Bone in the Family!

2013-03-28 17.23.40

Alyssa has had quite the eventful couple of days last week! She went to the Urgent Care Thursday night for a piece of wood that got stuck in her bum after climbing on the monkey bars in our backyard.  She came inside and said “Mom, I think I have something in my bum.”  I took a peek and WOW!  It was more than just a sliver!  I tried to get it out with tweezers and I couldn’t.  I could feel the end of it a ways up in her skin so I decided the best thing would be to go get it out at the dr. in case of infection.  She walked out happy with a coloring book, crayons, sucker and a token for a toy which she chose a starfish.

2013-03-29 19.13.27

The next day Alyssa went with a couple of friends to the park with one of the moms.  They weren’t gone long when they came home.  Alyssa was hanging from the monkey bars and fell off onto her arm.  She was in a lot of pain and within 45 mins it had really swollen and gotten hard.  I took her into the dr. this time for an x-ray.  She has a hairline fracture in the bone above the elbow.  So they put a soft cast on it and in a cute Charlie Brown sling.  We will go back in a week for a hard cast she will have on for 6 weeks!  She was still in a lot of pain.  David took Melanie and Cameron to Walmart to pick up M&M’s, the movie HOP and a bouquet of beautiful, bright flowers.  She felt special!  Getting hurt comes with it’s perks I guess!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS