Christmas Morning

I love Christmas time!!!  I love that I have children to see the “magic” in their eyes and excitement on their faces.  It truly is more fun to give than to receive!  It was a long, late night for David and I.  We went to bed at 2 AM.  I was up at 4:30 AM with Jason who had a bloody nose and then at 5:30 to give Cameron some Ibuprofen.  The boys have been sick for several days.  Luckily it didn’t affect them to much Christmas day!  We were all up by 7:20.  The kids were so excited.  I think they were awake in their rooms for a while before I gave the ok to come down!  This is what Santa brought the kids…

Jason got an electric motor scooter.  There is to much snow outside to use it but he is excited about it!  He also got a football, model airplane and a puzzle in his stocking.

 IMG_4608IMG_4614

David got a tie in his stockingSmile

IMG_4611

Cameron got an Ipod Touch from Santa.  I think he had given up hope that he was actually going to get one!  He was ecstatic about it!  He also got a book (Diary of a Deacon), model airplane and a $25 itunes gift card in his stocking.

IMG_4606IMG_4616

Melanie got an ipod shuffle from Santa Claus.  She is so excited to listen to music whenever she wants!  She also got in her stocking lots of new, big earrings, a watch, a Hello Kitty Bubble Bath and a $15 itunes gift card.

IMG_4617

Alyssa and Jenna got this life size barbie doll house.  They absolutely love pretending with it!  This might have kept us up so late helping Santa put it togetherSmile  Jenna got a Minnie Mouse, Cinderella Bubble Bath, Mickey Mouse coloring book and markers in her stocking.  Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is here favorite cartoon right now.  She carries Minnie everywhere with her!  Alyssa got earrings and a puzzle, a coloring tote with colored pencils, crayons, markers and paint in her stocking.  IMG_4605IMG_4615IMG_4613IMG_4620

The kids played and played and waited patiently because David announced “It’s time to eat breakfast!”  I am happy to have a big breakfast if David wants to cook it!  And cook he did!  What a good dad.  We ate eggs and bacon, orange juice and Costco muffins.  After I cleaned up dishes we opened the presents under the tree.

IMG_4623

David brought back Christmas gifts for everyone when he went to the Philippines a couple weeks ago.  It was so fun to see what he brought! The girls got wallets, the boys got Chinese legos and I got a wallet and a purse!

IMG_4624IMG_4628

The big gifts from David and I were…Ninjago’s for the boys, a craft tote filled with craft stuff (paper cutter, craft sticks, pipe cleaners, googly eyes, stickers, stamps, paper punches, 3 different scissors, beads, glue gun, blank cards with envelopes) for Melanie, Alyssa and Jenna got Barbie’s that go perfect for their doll house!

IMG_4637IMG_4634IMG_4641

David spoiled me by outfitting me with ski gear to wear on the slopes!  A new coat, ski pants, gloves and a shirt that keeps you warm by keeping in the heat.  He surprised me with Ugg boots.  I LOVE them!

IMG_4650IMG_4651

It was a sad day for David.  I got him new scriptures which means it is time to retire his mission scriptures.  He also got the “ok” to get more equipment for his gym in the garage.  He is excited to get more stuff in there.  The girls got new boots, the boys got Pogo sticks, Melanie got a red fleece coat with a fur collar, Jason got snow bibs, Alyssa and Jenna got makeup and fingernail polish.  My favorite was the blog books I made from Blurb.  I made 4 for 4 years of blogging.  It has been so fun to read with the kids.  Their favorite is when I wrote down silly things they said to each other.

The girls had fun painting their nails and putting on their makeup.  Aren’t they so beautiful?  While playing with their Barbie’s in the doll house Jenna had off her barbie’s clothes and had her in the bath tub.  David asked her if her barbie was taking a bath.  Jenna said “Yes, her feet are dirty.”  I love that they have little imaginations!

IMG_4644

Cameron and Jason put together their Ninjago’s the rest of the day.  Cameron put together his and then helped Jason put together his lego’s.  Cameron is the master lego builder.  They both LOVE them!  This is all they have been talking about for months!

IMG_4645IMG_4647

Melanie got her itunes going and downloaded music on to her shuffle.  She loves to listen to her own music.  We have also gone over rules with both Cameron and Melanie and the things they can and can not do on them.  They are going to be learning how to make good choices with technology and building our trust at the same time.

IMG_4646

I just wanted to burst with JOY all day for gratitude to Heavenly Father.  I just feel so blessed being surrounded by so many people that I love and that love me.  I don’t know how I got so lucky but am grateful for everything!

Comments

The Ottley's said…
What a fun Christmas!
Glad Christmas went so well. YOu have such a cute family. I must say you are one Hot Mama in your ski gear (and always).
The McGary's said…
What a great Christmas and I agree with Candace you look awesome in your ski gear!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS