Goals for 2012

Last year was a good year for me. I accomplished all my goals that I set out to do. I learned, probably for the first time, that I can do ANYTHING I set my mind to. It was very fulfilling for me and empowering to look back in December 2011 with the satisfaction of making those goals happen.

So rolls around January 2012. Another year, new goals and hopefully continuing on with some of the same ones as last year. I will admit that I have already messed up on one. The first Sunday back from the holidays we sit down in church and they announce it is fast and testimony meeting. How could I go 12 months in a row remembering to fast and then forget! Well, that goal with be continuing again this year.

Still talking about spiritual goals, I want to read the Book of Mormon again. Last year I did reach my goal of reading it in 60 days (I would totally recommend it to anyone!) and it was amazing. But then that was over and I stopped reading. I found I yearned for that spiritual feed I got of reading every day. This time I am taking the slower approach and extending it to the end of the year.

I got called as the Primary Pianist 2 weeks ago. I guess you could say I "hid" that talent in our other ward. Some people did not even know I played! Our last ward had a TON of musical talent. So it was easy to hide mine! Not this time. So I have taken up practicing, a lot! I am talking 1-2 hours a day, broken up! And I am starting to enjoy it again. So that is another goal. After all, there are many times I will be playing in Sacrament Meeting while the Primary sings and I already did that once last week!

And that brings me to my last spiritual goal. I am not teaching a lesson or going to any classes so I am going to read the George Albert Smith lessons from Relief Society.

Now, my exercise goals. I have already looked up some great runs online that I want to do! My goal is to for sure run a 1/2 marathon! I can't wait for this!! My 2nd run I want to do is the St. George Marathon! This is a lottery drawing race. So I am hoping when I put my name in I get drawn. Also the kids have expressed their desire to run a race with me. I have found one kid race in May. Hopefully that one works out. If not I will find another one that they can do. Alyssa is really excited about doing this which has surprised me. I love that they love to exercise!

Goals In a Nutshell:
1. Fast on Fast Sundays
2. Read the entire Book of Mormon this year (Read every day)
3. Read the George Albert Smith Relief Society Lessons
4. Become a great Primary Pianist
5. Run a 1/2 marathon
6. Run the St. George Marathon (or a different one if I don't get drawn)

I feel like these goals are completely doable for me this year. As they say on P90X BRING IT!

Comments

Sessions said…
way to go Kira! you are an inspiration!
The McGary's said…
Primary pianist is my all time favorite calling. I am jealous! Now if I could only convince them to switch me from chorister back to pianist:)
*~McGarys~* said…
They all sound like they will do you some good Spiritual uplifting. Great goals!
How amazing to look back and know you accomplished all your goals. Way to go girl! Loved your new goals and a few inspried me. One day I want to run a race with you. I'll eat your dust but it would stil be fun to do it together.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS