Summer

We have 1 1/2 more weeks left of summer. Bummer. I will be happy to have my house back again but that is about it. I have made sure to pack this summer with plenty of things for the kids to do. I don't like to hear "I'm bored" all day, which still does happen some days. In June Jason played t-ball every Tuesday and Thursday night. It was interesting to juggle that and Cameron's scout meetings on Tuesday nights.

David had 3 days of Youth Conference in June that he was in charge of planning and coordinating most of it. David is really busy as Young Men's President. Glad it is him and not me!

After talking with a friend who is also the Relief Society President and wanting to do a weekly park day I decided to take that on and coordinate going to a park every week. It has been fun and I love the socialization that I get to have with the other ladies that come. For some reason my kids have not enjoyed it so much. They love it when we get there and have a great time but it's a lot of whining that we have to go to a park. All I can think of is "I am planning this for you!" It is very irritating!! So we missed the park this week. I couldn't take it. We are going next week. One more time before school starts.

Cameron started guitar lessons when school got out. It is fun to hear him strumming the guitar. He is taking 5 lessons from a Young Women in our ward that we purchased from the same Young Women auction we got the birthday planner from. He really likes it to. Cameron is also involved in summer basketball. He is learning a lot and is enjoying it. Practices are on Monday nights and games are on Saturday. Cameron also just finished 2 days of Cub Country.

This week the 4 older kids have been going to kid camp. Another auction buy. They go over to the Furnell twin's home and do crafts, play, read and anything else they have planned. They love it. I realized how great this was because it gives me 3 hours for 3 days with only Jenna. Visiting Teaching was wonderful this month! They have one more day tomorrow.

Cameron is starting tackle football at the end of this month. It is going to be a lot of work, time and commitment.

I have been working my booty off this summer. My marathon training has really kicked up with it getting closer. I am running 20-30 miles a week. Next week I will be running 35, my peak workout before the big day a month away. I have been training with 2 other women in our ward and what a difference!! We do our Tuesday workout together which either is hills, speed intervals or stadium stairs. One of my friends Renae has run a marathon before and her knowledge has helped a lot. Unfortunately she hurt her knee while running the 16 mile run a few weeks back and it hasn't gotten better. We will see if she can run the race next month. My other friend Jodie helps push me hard. We both are competitive and want to out do each other. I love to workout with her! I am really sad that after all this hard work I will not have anyone to cheer me on. Cameron has a breakfast/fundraiser, scrimmage and pictures for football the same morning as my marathon. Anyone have a surrogate husband they would like to lend for a morning? My only request is they have to cheer me on for 4+ hours and give me a kiss at the finish line. No one? Okay, okay! This is a personal goal for me. But I am super bummed that Cameron has his football thing the same day as my first marathon.

David has kept extremely busy with work. School will start up soon for the kids and we will be busier than ever. I am not complaining. We have waited for this for a long time. I am grateful that we can put our kids in sports again!

Comments

Jenks Family said…
The next time you come let me know, we will plan something fun with everyone. I didn't know you were into running that much. Didn't you know you were on vacation?
You are one busy & amazaing mama! I can only imagine how crazy busy life would be keeping up with 5 kids. You do it well. When/where is your marathon? I think that's awesome. I would come be your surrogate husband...but pass on kissing ya! Ha! No really you inspire me. You have the McGary running genes that I wish came naturally with marriage. Hope you enjoy the rest of your summer. Keep the posts coming because I love watching your cute family grow. One day I'll meet them.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS