1st Day of School

Today Cameron and Melanie went back to school.  4th and 2nd grade.  They are growing up so much!  They were really excited to start up again!  Melanie told me to wake her up at 6:30 and Cameron said he wanted to be woken up at 7.  Cameron didn’t make it that long.  He was in our bed when I woke up at 6 and already dressed by the time I got out of the shower.  Excited?  I think so.  He also woke up Jason.  I woke Melanie up at the requested time and Alyssa and Jenna also woke up.  I think I will have some tired children tonight.  8 o’clock has been the normal summer time wake up for the girls!

IMG_3113IMG_3115

Instead of a back to school night, they did a back to school morning.  So we went inside the school and met the teacher and  saw where they sat.  I thought it was a great idea but after doing it prefer the night when they know the classroom and teacher.  The kids were nervous and unsure of everything and it was just a little awkward.

I am extremely happy with the teachers each of the kids have got this year.  I have heard excellent things from all of them.  It should be a great year!

Melanie found her desk with her name.  Her 2nd grade teacher is Mrs. Mascarow.  She already kind of knows her because she was and still is next door to her first grade class last year.  She also got bangs for 2nd grade. 

IMG_3117IMG_3118

Cameron has Mrs. LeCheminant for 4th grade.  He knows a lot of the kids in his class this year.  It helps to stay on the same track!  As I was talking to the teacher she said she was excited that the class was small this year.  She said there were 23 students and normally it’s been around 30!  I am glad to hear that too!  30 students is a lot!!  They got to choose where they sat for the first day.

IMG_3119

Bring on 2011-2012!!

IMG_3120

Comments

Susanna said…
I can't believe school is already starting for you! We still have a month left of summer here. They look cute all dressed up and ready to go.
OH man! I know your kids are on a different track system, but summer cna't already be over can it?! So fun. Melanie is really starting to look older. Such cute kids.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS