Father and Son’s Ward Campout

David got home from the Philippines 2 days before Father and Son’s.  The boys were SOOO excited when they heard about this in church.  They were counting down the days!  They went with hot dogs to roast, s’mores to enjoy, baseball and mitts, Cameron’s chess board and everything they would need for one night!  They had a great time!  They couldn’t wait to share the news and called on the ride home the next day to tell me all about it.  I loved it!  They went to Bennion Campground up Spanish Fork Canyon.

IMG_2832

IMG_2834IMG_2835IMG_2836

When Cameron saw the boys swinging into the lake he had to try it.  Cameron is afraid of a lot of things.  Water is not one of them!  The water was FREEZING!! 

IMG_2840IMG_2841IMG_2842IMG_2844

I asked David why he wasn’t in any of the pictures.  He said he just wasn’t one of those guys to ask for someone to take a picture.  I let him know that next time he better take pictures with him and his boys!  He agreed after looking back at them.  So glad they could go.  The boys are at the perfect age.  They soak all of this stuff up!!

The girls and I ate ourselves sick with candy and treats and watched a couple of movies!  It was fun, but I was very tired.  I think I fell asleep through the first movie (A Barbie Secret) and in the middle of the second (Secretariat) we called it a night and ditched the idea to sleep on the floor in the living room and had a slumber party in my bed.  A lot more comfortable!

Comments

The McGary's said…
Father's and son's is such a hilight for Hunter too. I remember my brother's always loving it and us girls loved it when they went because all the goodies came out:) I love that you all slept in your bed rather than the floor, good choice.
The church was definitely inspired with Father & Sons. I think it's every boys (and Dad's) dream trip for the year. I think it's cute how you had the night with the girls. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the preschool experience with Alyssa. I'm trying it next year with Jhett!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS