My Life

My kids ARE my life. I love being a mother. I love everything about it, minus the fighting, moodiness and worries that come along with it. I do like structure, cleaning and organizing my house and serving my kids. It brings me satisfaction.

Jenna is 10 1/2 months old and I guess it’s time for an update. She FINALLY broke through her 4th tooth. Those buggers seem to take forever to come in. Last week I took her in Saturday morning thinking she had an ear infection. She did not sleep good at all the night before and was rolling around not comfortable all night. No ear infection though. But with Saturday night, Sunday night and all Monday of pure fussiness, I took her in to the instacare when David got home Monday night thinking the Dr. Saturday got it wrong. An hour wait and another $15 short and nothing. Just a sad girl! Finally after her 4th tooth popped through a couple days later and I saw 2 more teeth coming down. So that would explain it. Three teeth working their way down=one fussy baby and tired momma!

IMG_2061

Jenna has really been showing us her personality. While making breakfast yesterday, all the kids were in the kitchen and dancing around and Jenna sat up on her knees and started to move her arms like the other kids and when they started to shake their heads, Jenna went down on all fours and started shaking her head as hard as she could. It was pretty hilarious to watch. She loves music and the girls are teaching her already to shake her booty!IMG_2073IMG_2076

Jenna has also found a love for this blanket. She will cuddle it and put it against her cheek. She is walking along furniture and can go up the stairs really well. After falling down them way to many times, she has learned to wait at the top and scream until someone goes and gets her down. IMG_2077IMG_2082This morning Melanie pulled out her tooth. She waited until it was pretty much just hanging there. This is exciting for her since this is her first for her to pull out her own tooth. The dentist pulled out 3 at the beginning of this year. And she will get to put a sticker up at class to show she lost a tooth, her first. The dentist doesn’t count apparently! She will be singing a famous tune next month-“All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth”.IMG_2083

These girls love to have baths together. They have a blast until it’s time to wash their hair, then they want OUT!IMG_2085IMG_2087

Alyssa is loving her preschool. It is more playtime than learning, but I don’t really care. She is having fun and I really enjoy the break and I am sure she does also!IMG_2089

Jason decided yesterday he wanted to play with this race track. It needed batteries, so we charged them all night and it was ready to go this morning. Problem was, how does it go together?? Hmmm…it was a Xmas gift 2 years ago from Santa and apparently Santa has forgotten how to put it together since it’s been a long while since last being used. At least he liked the part that required the batteries, so it wasn’t a total flop! IMG_2092

I guess I will update about David’s job. Obviously he is traveling a lot! With still only one vehicle I have felt so blessed with his timings though, which allowed me to spend time in WA while the kids were off track, and then recently while he went to New York to have the van while I was in charge of feeding the teachers during Parent/Teacher Conference the 2 days David was gone. There is a merciful God!!! The weeks go well, although by Thursday I am antsy to get out!

We are still getting a car through a friend in the ward that is a dealer. Saving us a few thousand dollars. But that brings lots to choose from! There are a few things that are making us drag our feet, one being the price range we have decided on and just exactly what kind of car David wants to get in that range. His sights are on an Infiniti M35X or a BMW. There have also been Mercedes C300 in the sightings, but I think that one is out. I am in love with the newer Lexus models, but out of the price range for us. There are just to many options when looking through a dealers website! We have found 3 we liked, and called to make an offer, to find out all 3 had already been sold. We are starting to wonder if we are supposed to get a 2nd car! So we keep looking.

The second being the possibility of us moving…wait for it and don’t freak out…to the Philippines. Yes, a shocker! There has been talk, but nothing is for sure until, well, until there is a rental contract signed there. This could happen as early as Jan/Feb or as late as Spring/Summer, or not at all!

David’s company is growing and looks to be bringing on some really promising campaigns. He has been very busy to bring everything together. Last night we stayed up till 1 am so that I could spend an hour with him after he got done with his work. We talked about work and then we watched the apprentice. Not very exciting I know, but after being cooped up in a house all week long, talking to David for about 5 sentences total in 3 days, I needed some one on one time with him!

So that is it around here lately. Hopefully I will be able to post a picture of a new car soon. But I have survived this long with out one, I could do it a little longer!

Comments

You are an outstanding mom. Not to mention beautiful on the inside & outside. Your kids are darling too. I'm jus twaiting for Lyndin to teethe. I HATED it with Jhett. Phillippines really? Are you okay with that? Also, are you going to WA for Christmas? I think all of the girl cousins definitely need to get together.
The Ottley's said…
I love new cars! Especially when I'm not the one getting the bill! :) I think the Phillippines would be a great adventure! What an exciting time in your family's life!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS