If you THINK your kid NEEDS preschool

Think again. I have proof that really the only thing your child needs to excel in school is YOU! And a good teacher helps too. I used to STRESS that my kids would be behind in school because they weren't in preschool and I always felt terrible that Cameron and Melanie never experienced a real preschool. Were they behind the rest of the class in Kindergarten? They were definitely not the top of their class but neither were they at the bottom. Yes, they needed to learn a lot but isn't that what school is for?

Last night was our Parent/Teacher Conference. I was very pleased with how the kids have been doing at school. They seem to like their teachers and have good friends as well. Ms. Pearson said Melanie is always in what is going on and wants to be involved all the time. She has a lot of friends at school and has to hug all her friends and teacher when she sees them. She is also progressing at grade level in everything.

Cameron has jumped leaps and bounds in the last couple of months. Mrs. Tysver said it took him a month to adjust to her schedule but now he is excelling great. I did notice that he was struggling with 3rd grade at the beginning. The pace is faster and homework is due everyday. His responsibility level went up a few notches! His teacher also said that Cameron picks up on concepts very quickly and she is having him teach other class members. WOW, I did not see that coming when he was in Kindergarten! He is in the highest math group and is the only one testing on his multiplication. Mrs. Tysver also said that she thinks he has a real talent in computer graphics and writing. I know where he gets that skill and it's not from ME!!! He is also reading and spelling at 6th grade level.

Now, this is in no way of me trying to brag about my kids. But it is to show that the success of your child in school does not result in whether your child went to preschool. It all has to do with YOU and your CHILD. (And I will add a good teacher too!)

Comments

Enriquez Family said…
Yah your braggin! But Thats what you should be doing when you hear great news like that! wahoo to cameron and melanie! Give them hugs from me!
The McGary's said…
That's great! I always said I survived without preschool so my kids don't need preschool, then I got in that situation and well it is ME THAT NEEDS PRESCHOOL! I am sure our kids would survive without it but for the safety of our children I send Kyla away twice a week:)
Brag. You have every right too. Even though I taught I completely agree with you. I always said a child's success is completely determined on parent involvement. Yes, there are real learning disabilities but like I said, success is determined by a parent. How exciting for you to receive such great reports. It is a reflection of you & David!
Sessions said…
That is good to hear Kira!! We have been throwing back and forth the idea of Macie attending preschool.

Everyone here starts public school at 4 and preschool at 2 and I am just not ready to give up my child to other peoples ideas just yet.

I have wondered if she will be behind but I think she will figure it out, Thanks for posting I needed to read this!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS