My Mom and Dad came down the 3rd week of August for my cousin, Josh's wedding. I LOVED having them here for 3 days. They brought some company with them also. My niece and nephew Bailey and Alex (Seth and Heather's kids) came to play with Melanie and Cameron. So much FUN!! They also brought a trunk load of food for our family from their garden. My mom had canned beans and tomatoes, picked pears that I canned, peaches that I froze and we ate fresh, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, zucchini and corn on the cob. A whole bunch of deliciousness!

My dad also brought down a surprise for the kids...a frog! Oh boy did they love that!
So much that they jumped into the bath tub with it!
That frog entertained for hours!
The boys found games on the computer they liked
Jason showing Grandma the REAL way to play Shutes and Ladders. Apparently you get to pick which slide and which ladder you want to go down or up! Playing with Jason is fun!
We learned how to freeze peaches. Very similar to canning, just with out the cooking! Just as messy!!
Mom braided the girls' hair and called them little Indian girls. They loved it and ran around all morning pretending they were that. Mom even over heard them say they were blessing their baby at the Indian church. I especially love Alyssa's hair. I told her she looked like Pippy Longstocking and she corrected me and said she was an Indian. Oh!

Grandpa jumping on the trampoline. So fun! I remember doing this with Dad when I was little!
Mom and I went shopping the day before the wedding. We found these cute outfits to wear to the wedding. We had a ball. Not something either of us do very often and I was so grateful that my Dad watched the kids the majority of the time before David got home and helped. We found some great deals!
Friday the 20th Josh and Shannon got married. I went for 2 summer's to their home in Ohio while in High School and I just love their family! Josh was around Cameron's age when I was back there. They have all 4 boys. One is on a mission in France, so he wasn't there at the wedding. This is my mom's only sister.
The cousins that were at the wedding.
Caleb, Jordan, Erica, Parker, Curtis and Me
Poor Jenna. She wasn't feeling well this week. I now know just how rotten she felt because I got it the next week! She likes her mommy!

Our air conditioner went out while we were at the temple. A blessing in disguise! My dad was able to fix it while he was here. So grateful for his handyman capabilities he does around the house. He also fixed our leaky bathroom faucet and weather strip on our door without telling me! He is so sneaky!!

Comments

What a fun visit you had, and so productive too! I love when family comes to town.
The Ottley's said…
What a cute outfit! Looks like you had fun with your parents! What a cute family!
marciekoch said…
Looks like you had a great visit. I can't believe how much Bailey looks like Heather! I just love your Mom! Working with her and getting to see her every day is so much fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS