Confession

This has bothered me for A LONG TIME. I think I realized it when I got married and moved into our own place. For many who have been to my house, know what I am talking about and would most likely agree with me on this one. I do not know how to decorate. I just don't have it in me. I look at a space and it overwhelms me with what to do. Now, I realize it takes money to decorate and I do have a little bit of tax return money that I want to use just for decorating. But I am overwhelmed with it and don't even know where to start! I want a beautiful picture of Christ and a beautiful picture of the temple and those are at least $200 each. We are going to buy a t.v. and mount it to the wall to keep all of the little finger prints off of it. But there is just so much wall space I don't know what to do with! I was not gifted in the decorating department! My homes have never felt like "home" to me. So, ladies...I need your help. Where do you start??

Comments

Mikaela said…
I'm with you there. I start by calling a sister!!! lol! Good luck though. It sounds like fun to get to be doing a little bit of decorating. I love Tai Pan though. They have cute stuff.
*~McGarys~* said…
Well since we are just in a new place I just started with what I liked. More like when I went shopping I find something that I like and then I try to find things that match it. But it's always fun to even go with some you trust that has a cute house that can give you some pointers. I'm exited to see what you come up with:) Good luck!
Sessions said…
Kira, look at magazines LOTS of them rip out every and anything you like weather it is the whole lay out in the picture or just the frame in it it doesn't matter. You can use these as a guide and mimic them with your own style.
Also it doesn't all have to be done at once it dose take time and money and knowing you I bet you your house feels and looks more like home than you think!!!!!
I wish I could come help you I love this sort of thing!!!!!
The McGary's said…
I am right there with you!! I would love to have an eye for that but I just don't!! Good luck with that:) And for the record those Officers had no clue that Chad is an Officer I just got plain LUCKY!
Not that I am a decorator by any means....but first start with any large pieces of artwork you are planning to put in the room. If you want to spend the $200 on a picture of Christ, that is important. Then takeyour color scheme from there. If you don't have a large budge to work with, use your color palette in pops--like throw pillows, accessories, etc. Find fabric that you love and go from there. Then if you ever want to change your color scheme it will be an easy switch. If you have a color you want alot of for a long time try repainting that room. You have an eye for beauty. You can do it!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS