Happy Halloween

The Sunday before Halloween we carved pumpkins. This was our first year growing them ourselves!  I very much enjoyed it and hope we can do this every year!  We grew 6 pumpkins.  We would have had a lot more if we didn’t have bugs that ate the blossoms.  I was glad everyone got a home grown pumpkin.  Each of the kids chose what they wanted to carve on their pumpkin.  Melanie and Cameron designed and carved their own.  David and I helped out the younger three.  Cameron did BYU, Jason did a football and a big Y, Melanie and Jenna did a Jack-O-Lantern face on theirs and Alyssa carved a vampire face.  This carving thing is getting better and easier every year!

IMG_5192IMG_5193IMG_5195IMG_5196IMG_5197IMG_5198IMG_5199

The kids dressed up after lunch at school and put on a parade around the outside of the school.  I went to help Melanie put on her fake blue eyelashes and eye stickers.  I then went around to the classes and found the kids so I could get a picture.  I love to see them at school!    Alyssa and Jason were having their class parties.  Melanie was to embarrassed to get a picture in class so luckily I got one at the parade!  Cameron was an old man, Jason was a pirate, Jenna was Minnie Mouse, Alyssa was Pocahontas and Melanie was a mermaid.

IMG_5204IMG_5205IMG_5206IMG_5207

IMG_5210IMG_5212IMG_5211IMG_5213IMG_5215

Jason discovered he had a loose tooth the day before Halloween.  He decided that he was going to get that tooth out on Halloween.  And he came home with a small plastic tooth with his tooth in it… on Halloween.  Can you see the hole in his smile?  This boy gets everything he wants when he sets his mind to it!  I can just see him wiggling away during school!

IMG_5216

The kids were chomping at the bit, ready to go out trick-or-treating with their friends.  I made them wait till we ate dinner to give them more stamina on their hunt!  So once they finished chowing down they were out the door at 5:30 pm!  I didn’t get another picture the rest of the night!  David stayed at the house to hand out the candy and I took Alyssa and Jenna around.  Alyssa had some friends we met up with and so that made it more fun!  They got more than enough candy!  I think Jason went to some houses three times!  All he could do was laugh about it!  I gave each of the kids a gallon size ziploc bag and told them whatever candy they could fit in there they could keep.  I was selling the rest to Trapnell Orthodontics down the road! 

Sunday morning each of the kids got out their baskets from the pantry and were swapping candy with each other.  It was funny.  They did this three times Sunday!  Let’s just say the craziness of being on a sugar high was at it’s max limit at our house!  Hopefully the next dentist visit isn’t a disaster!

IMG_5217

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS