Another School Year Rolls Around

The first day of school was heavenly!  I love love LOVE my children!  BUT…when I can accomplish a task without being interrupted every 10 minutes it makes me feel like I am not a scattered brain mom and can actually get a few things done during the day.

A few new things I am trying this school year.  First they make their OWN BREAKFAST.  I have always made their breakfast.  I have frozen some things or they can choose cereal or toast or instant oatmeal.  Next they make their OWN LUNCHES.  I decided to do this while talking to my SIL, Heather.  Her kids do both of these by themselves.  I thought it was a great idea.  My kids actually liked the idea and were excited to make their own stuff.  It has been more chaotic than if I was doing it but I think it will get better.

IMG_4277

Jason- 1st Grade.  Teachers: Mrs. Shaffer/Ms. Chen (Chinese Teacher).  Loves that he gets THREE RECESSES!!  And was so excited to eat Pepperoni Pizza for school lunch on the first day.  “It was SOOO GOOD!” he said.

Melanie- 3rd Grade.  Teacher: Mrs. Foote.  She is so happy that Mrs. Foote is so nice.  “All that worrying for nothing” was her comment after the Meet and Greet night with the teachers.

Cameron- 5th Grade.  Teacher: Mrs. Hemmert.  He is helping out a friend and classmate, Zach.  Zach has dyslexia and since he is new to the school his mom asked if Cameron would help him.  Cameron loves to read so hopefully it works out well for both of them.  He has also completely entered the stage of “don’t embarrass me mom!”  Oh boy!

Jenna- Wannabe preschooler.  She had to be in the picture.  See her lunch she packed?  Yah, she was in tears when we left school without the kids and she found out she was going home!  It will be even worse next week when Alyssa starts Kindergarten and she finds out she doesn’t get to go anywhere!

IMG_4278IMG_4279

Aren’t warm, homemade chocolate chip cookies a given on your first day of school?  I like to think so!

IMG_4282IMG_4283

Comments

Susanna said…
They all look so cute! I love the idea of them making their own lunches! I might have to try that out. :)
I agree they all look awesome! I love the idea of making them do it themselves. They will appreciate it as much as you do!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS