Summer Lovin’, Havin’ a BLAST!

My worries of having a very long summer have been completely dissolved.  We are having a blast and plan on our calendar every week what we are going to go and do.  We try to go to the library weekly.  I am very lucky in the fact that we have lived close to a library since my kids started school.  This has been HUGE in giving my kids a variety of things to read.  Cameron is by far the most in to reading but all the kids seem to enjoy finding new books to read.  I can find Cameron sitting at the bottom of the stairs reading a new book daily.  He will pick up anything he can get his hands on.  This morning before it got hot I laid out blankets on the grass and read to the kids out loud one of our favorite series of books “Hank the Cow Dog”.  It is very comical and it is written in the eyes of a dog who is head of ranch security (or so he thinks he is).  We read 3 chapters laughing out loud along most of the book.  Some parts of the book are so funny we have to read it several times over!  Cameron has such a great imagination (which is why I think he really gets in to books) that it is so fun to read with him because he gets every joke and listening to him laugh makes you laugh!  I have many memories of summer reading and going to the library also to pick up books when I was younger.  I am glad that we have libraries!!

Friends!  My kids are always playing with friends if we are home.  This has been one of the highlights for the boys (such a change for them this year!).  Summer evenings are filled with kids running around with friends.  Reminds me of movies sometimes of great neighborhoods, not a care in the world for the kids.

Pass of All Passes, what a blessing.  This has brought us many memories this summer.  The biggest being Seven Peaks.  My kids LOVE it there!  We went yesterday and I guess us staying 4 hours wasn’t long enough because the first thing out of Jenna’s mouth this morning was “Swimming?”  She is such a trooper and is  zonked out in the car on the ride home every time we go.  We love it.  And as much work as it is for me, I am happy to do it.  It is so much fun!  We try to go at least once a week.  David and I even went on a double date last weekend there for 3 hours.  It was so fun and we got to go down all of the speed slides that we never get to go down otherwise.

Another place that we went to with our pass was the Trafalga Fun Center in Lehi.  Very family friendly with lots of little kid rides.  Jenna was just tall enough to go on all of them and she could not get enough.  When the ride would finish she would yell “Again!!”  Next time we go we are hoping the small roller coaster will be open.  Cameron was pretty bummed that the one ride he really wanted to go on he was to short.  It was the race cars and you have to be 60” to drive.  Next time we will sign up and do laser tag that they have there also.

IMG_4083IMG_4085

IMG_4087IMG_4091IMG_4092IMG_4096IMG_4104IMG_4111IMG_4116IMG_4113IMG_4114IMG_4115

Comments

You're one amazing mom. I love you are SO hands on and enjoy being a parent. You inspire me daily!!
Looks like fun! Your kids are getting so big to where I hardly recognize them! 3 years can really do alot!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS