Father's Blessings

David left for the Philippines this morning. Although I don't like him to go, it gets easier every time. I will say that I LOVE him leaving for this very simple reason- Father's Blessings before he leaves. My kids love them just as much as I do. It really is such a special time. I am grateful for a faithful husband who honors his priesthood and is willing every time to give a blessing. Even Jenna sat there so still, eyes squeezed shut and arms folded while her daddy had his hands on her head giving her a blessing the whole time through. It really was so cute. I will write down what I remember of each of their blessings in my journal. Being a mom you see so many different talents and personalities in each of your kids. When they are given a blessing you see why they have different talents and personalities that were given to them each individually to help them through this life with the mission they will be called to serve and foreordained to serve. It is through these blessings that I have gained greater respect for my children. After we got the kids to bed David gave me a blessing also. It still amazes me the course our life has taken over the past 3 years. David is not following the career path he planned while at college going to school studying Construction Management. I know, through these blessings, that the Lord has directed our path. He is aware of us and knows each of us individually and for that I am so grateful.

Comments

You're such an inspiration for me in so many ways. I think that's awesome your family is so close to the spirit and you take time to notice and record these blessings in your life.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS