The Latest

Things have settled down since the baptism. We are all back to "normal" and the weight of planning for that has been removed! I think that the very chopped up day (1/2 day kindergarten and preschool and naps do this!) makes me feel like I can only focus on so much a day. I feel less and less certain with myself in accomplishing anything huge. It is just so overwhelming! I am learning to juggle and finding that I do good in some areas and not so good in others. Life is all about learning, right?

David left Friday night to the Philippines. It has been 6 months since the last time he has gone and I think I really needed that big of a break! He will be gone 12 days. A lady asked me at church today how I did it. My response, which is the only response, What else is there to do but do it? I have a lot planned this week to keep busy and so that should make this week fly by.

Yesterday Jason and Melanie went to a 2 hour kid camp activity. There are some youth going to India and they needed hours to work with kids to get ready. My 2 kids loved it. Alyssa didn't want to go because she didn't think there would be any girls and Cameron got in trouble so he didn't get to go.

Last week I signed Cameron, Melanie and Jason up for baseball, softball and t-ball. Could be a busy spring! Cameron is the one that is the most excited. All the baseball presents he got last year for his birthday are really coming in handy! We have been outside almost every day last week (thanks to the beautiful weather) throwing the baseball back and forth. He has improved so much since last year and his hand and eye coordination has gotten so much better. I contribute a lot of it to all the ping pong playing he has done in the basement this winter. It makes it fun to play baseball with him. Last Friday before school he was trying to get Jason to play catch with him while I was finishing up breakfast dishes. Jason didn't last long and so Cameron came in and said he had tried to throw the ball against the shed (just like Heber J. Grant, also one of our ancestors, did when he was a boy only he used a barn) and said that he thought he was going to break it! I just laughed. I know he wants to be so good on his team.

We went and visited our good friends in Riverton yesterday afternoon. Yufen is a friend that is one of my best! I can seriously not talk to her for months and we pick up just as if we talked yesterday when we see each other again. I love her and she is so much fun to be around.

I signed up Jason for the Chinese Immersion program that they have offered here. It starts in 1st grade. If all goes well they will speak and write chinese fluently in High School! That is awesome! I am excited for him to learn. Jason is the perfect student to put in there. His learning is quick. It should be a very good program for him.

This week I am taking Alyssa to sign her up for Kindergarten next year. WHAT???!!! Okay, I know everyone told me it would go fast once one went to school but this just seems kind of crazy that I will have all but one in school. Can I keep Jenna home forever?? I think I will cry when she goes. Jump for joy when the first one goes and cry on your last? Probably!

Comments

You are busy!! Sounds like fun. Hope the two weeks fly for your family.
Good luck for the next 12 days. I read about your life and kid's activities and am amazed each time that you do juggle everything. BUSY BUSY! But what a fun stage too.
The Ottley's said…
Chinese immersion?! I love it!!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS