Not all Peaches

My computer decides when it wants to upload pictures and it does not want to right now. So, I may have to do it on David's computer sometime. I have Melanie's birthday to post about but want to do it with pictures.

Yesterday Melanie and I made her Baptism invitations. Sunday I was helping her fill out her program assignments and I was telling her who she could ask to do the different things on there. She just broke down when I told her who was coming. Not a big enough party like she wanted! There were going to be 2 other boys getting baptized the same day but they are waiting until the next month. So we get to fill the whole program! So yesterday while finishing up the invitations I had Melanie write down all the people she wanted to send one to. She felt a lot better after writing down all her friends from West Jordan and here. I just don't know how many will come though. I am only counting on the family members that I know will be here. It will be a special day for her no matter how many are there anyway!

Stuff like this happens all the time! Just one of the many things that kids don't understand why we have to live so far away from cousins! And now we have added on to that because now we have moved our kids away from their friends in West Jordan. It will always come in waves. Cameron broke down a couple weeks ago. He has a lot of neighborhood friends, more than in West Jordan. Just none are in his class, which makes him feel like he doesn't have any friends. Melanie thinks he has a lot of friends because he is always playing with a big group of boys at recess. I guess that feeling of being lonely comes and goes for everyone.

It is the hardest on the oldest 2. They were in school the longest and had a whole classroom of friends that they knew and they knew them. I know that Cameron is trying to find where he fits in at class. He was the comedian in West Jordan. Melanie has insecurities of her own that she deals with also. I think by next year, hopefully, they will feel like they know more people in their class.

Jason and Alyssa have done great with the move. Jason had no friends in our neighborhood or at church. So he is loving all of his new friends here! And Alyssa has a BFF, Taylor, that lives a few houses down and they play with each other almost EVERY day!

I know in the long run this move will benefit them more as they get older than now. I love our ward. The YM/YW program is so great and strong. The Jr. High and High School atmosphere is 10x's better in my opinion! And moving now will be so much easier than if we did it later. Just always a growing process and my kids are learning it.

Comments

Sessions said…
Moving is hard and it is amazing how trusting children are to go where their parents take them. It is heart breaking to see your kids sad! I hope everyone feels at home soon and finds their place!
I have never moved but can imagine how hard it would be. Like you said though, moving now will be easier than later. You feel great about your area and that's all that matters. It still made me sad to read about their occasional breakdowns. :(

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS