November Recap

November was a fun month!  After looking at how very little pictures I have though I realize I need to have my camera OUT so I use it more!

One night the boys were telling me how they didn’t have any pajama pants in their drawer so I told them to go put on some of Dad’s since their clothes were in the washer.  They sure have some big pants to fill!

thanksgiving 2011 001

The girls in their new Christmas dresses.  I let them wear them early since it seems winter is almost over after Christmas.  Might as well wear them all winter long!  And this was a special day because it was the Primary Program.  They did awesome with all of their parts memorized.  I got to sit up in the stands with my primary class (I teach Cameron’s class).

thanksgiving 2011 006

Thanksgiving was just our little family this year.  I don’t think it will be our last Thanksgiving alone and so I have decided to embrace this and enjoy everything about just having us.  For instance.  How often do you get to have nice china on Thanksgiving with a huge crowd?  Paper plates is definitely the way to go because it is a lot less dishes.  So I decided to get some festive and fun dinnerware to eat on with goblets.  Which the kids LOVED drinking out of!  After the prayer we each went around the table and talked about what we were thankful for and why.  This is harder to do in a big crowd and although the parents might take a minute to reflect on all they are thankful for, it slips the kids’ minds more easily on this day!  I made all the trimmings along with the turkey.  My kids love to be up on the counter helping me cook and I took this opportunity the day before to have them each make at least one dish, just them to contribute to our feast.

6 years ago I did not embrace Thanksgiving alone and it was the worst one ever!  Partly the kids’ age then made it different also.  So I enjoyed making traditions for our little family this time around!  We took the kids bowling the night before and it was so much fun!  Jenna was a little turkey for us and it will be nice when she can bowl to keep herself entertained!

thanksgiving 2011 020

Melanie complained to me about a bump on the top of her gums above a molar a few weeks ago.  I knew what is was because she had one a little over a year ago.  They removed that tooth and I knew that was going to happen to this one.  Take a look at the root of that baby tooth!  That is not normal!!  We will go back in 2 weeks to get a spacer put in to keep the hole open for the permanent tooth.  In the xrays it showed the permanent molar dropping down and soon will be cutting through on the first molar removed.  Normally they should be coming in around 11-13 years old.  The root is not yet developed even.  I have a feeling she is going to be having a lot of dental work with braces and everything else.  She has my small mouth and so do the other girls!thanksgiving 2011 021thanksgiving 2011 022

The tooth fairy was very generous.  He must not have had any small bills laying around!

Comments

Enriquez Family said…
I LOVE your place settings!I'm glad that you were able to make a special Thanksgiving for your family! What a neat thing! You can't always go home to grandmas or someones house all the time then the kids will take advantage of it! Its a special time for your kids to go home when its not all the time! I cant wait tp start our own traditions with our family! This is the first year Im actually looking forward to being home! Its a wierd feeling because i love where we are!
What a fun holiday you had. I LOVED reading about your attitude about it and how you embraced it making it special for your family. I think that's a lesson we can all learn in all parts of our lives. Sometimes I feel so crazy and discouraged with life as it is right now but I know it's a stage...that will pass too quickly. Melanie's tooth looked SO painful. Ouch! Your girls looked stunning in their Christmas dresses. They are pretty just like their Mom. Your home looks absolutely beautiful too. I laughed out loud about Cameron picturing wrestling Melanie. There really is something special about siblins isn't there. ;)
This was our 4 Thanksgiving staying home and we have really enjoyed it. The first year, the though of it was worse than it actually was. I love making the dinner and all.

Glad you enjoyed it this year and the traditions you mentioned sounds so fun.

I put my kids Christmas stuff on this past week with the same thoughts as you.

Love the boys wrestling and the story of Cameron and Melanie. So funny!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS