Easter Weekend

Saturday we went to a big Easter Egg Hunt put on by our real estate agent (the one we had 4 1/2 years ago).  The kids loved it!  They each had a chance to gather up as much candy, toys and little knick knacks as they could.  This was Jenna’s first year.  She wasn’t sure what to do at first but once she started she didn’t stop!  She had a blast.  The older kids didn’t get nearly as much as they wanted!

 IMG_2703IMG_2704IMG_2709IMG_2713IMG_2699IMG_2719IMG_2721IMG_2723IMG_2724 

Then we headed down to Orem and cleaned David’s new office.  There was lots to do and we got it all in order, ready for work Monday.   It always feels good to work in a space that is clean and organized.  We got home at 9:30 that night.  We were all tired and ready to be home!  After putting the kids to bed I worked on dinner for the next day, the Easter Bunny showed up and we finally went to bed at 12:30.  6:30 came to early!!!  Kids were wide awake excited to run down stairs Sunday morning. 

IMG_2725IMG_2726IMG_2728IMG_2730IMG_2732 

I was grateful for 11 o’clock church!  The kids looked cute in their new Easter outfits.  I will miss this age and the kids still excited to dress alike.

IMG_2734IMG_2735

Last Monday for FHE I gave the lesson on the Sacrament.  Why we take it, the most important thing at church on Sunday, how we act, etc.  I reminded the kids before going in to church about it and boy did it make a difference.  The kids have struggled with reverence it has seemed the last little bit.  Jenna is at a really hard age to sit for an hour and so either David or I is out with her most of the meeting, leaving the other one to control the other 4.  Although Jenna was still her usual self (nap time) the others did a lot better.  I am still struggling with finding balance of the worldly holiday and the spiritual holiday.  I’m grateful for primary teachers who help me teach my children!  I can’t do it alone! 

I really miss the “gathering” of family on holiday’s.  I felt like I put on a thanksgiving type meal by myself today, so that we could have a nice Easter dinner.  It’s a lot of work!  Alyssa and Melanie were right up on the counter helping me most of the time.  I am glad they like to help cook! 

We are SO GRATEFUL for Jesus Christ, his life, his sacrifice for each one of us.  He lives.  He lives!!!

Comments

Your kids looked absolutely adorable in their matching outfits. You have one good looking family. So cute!
Sessions said…
YES HE does!!! I know what you mean about missing the family gatherings I definably felt it this year as well. Your children look Beautiful but I am not surprised! Some day we will have to end up in the same place agin to catch up!!
You have the cutest family! I love your matching outfits and I also wanted to give you props for making a big easter dinner alone! Im so happy Jenna got the whole "easter egg hunt" deal. Jack didn't get it but had so much fun watching other kids

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS