A FIRST...for everything...

Well, we had our very first time of forgetting a child. Luckily it was only at home but very traumatic anyway! David's parents came to visit for the weekend along with David's Aunt Kathy. Sunday morning getting ready to leave for church the kids split up among their car and ours. We left to church. We had Melanie and Jenna, I figured they had Alyssa, Cameron and Jason. I ran in the house real quick to grab Jenna's blanket and we left. After sitting in church, all settled waiting for it to start, Chuck asks "Where's Alyssa?" We searched up and down our pew, counting heads. No where. "Did she go in your car? No, did she go in yours? No" Oh CRAP!!! David took off for home. I almost started to cry just thinking about her home alone!! He said he saw her when he pulled up kneeling on the couch looking out the front room window bawling!! She ran up to David and gave him a huge hug, face and eyes red and swollen. Let's just say I was glad to see her when she came in to church.

Comments

*~McGarys~* said…
Oh pooorrrr girl! I would have cried for sure.
Andrea Lee said…
oh my gosh, poor sweet alyssa, I love her little personality. She just makes me smile. How sad, and cute that she sat looking out the front window :)
Enriquez Family said…
Oh shoot! I couldnt help but laugh actually! This will be a tale to tell! Just like when Colby was left at Multnomah. haha! Good times! BUt poor girl at the same time! I bet your heart sank! Atleast she didnt run after you cause that could have been horrible!
The McGary's said…
how sad, but cute that she was at the window.
Mikaela said…
Wow, that is crazy for sure. Every family/child has a few of these stories. At least it was a confusion and not, oops, I thought they were in the car when I pulled away at Wal-Mart. Glad she wasn't too traumatized. And sorry, I had to chuckle at this funny story. I love that you all made it to the bench and were hanging out, too. Good thing it's Utah, and your church was probably not too far! :)
Poor girl! Poor Mom. What an honest mistake. I was a bit like Alise. I laughed (just a little) but felt so sorry for her. What a good girl to just sit and wait.
I teared up at that one. Poor Alyssa sitting at the window thinking her family left her. Glad she was home though.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS