Boston’s Baby Blessing

Wow!  What holidays 6 kids including a new baby can do to your journaling!  Lots of catch up to do!!

Oh what fun we had this weekend!!  Grandma and Grandpa McGary got to meet Boston for the first time, Melissa and Ryan’s family too and Grandma and Grandpa Lee came up for the day!  My parents flew in Thursday morning early giving us a few days to play!  I was worn out since David was still in the Philippines, it was a great thing to look forward to!  On the way home from the airport Dad treated us to breakfast at Denny’s.  It was fun to show them around the new house, let them meet Olaf and they played with Jenna till the rest of the kids got home from school.  My Mom was my sanity saver.  She finished sewing Boston’s blessing clothes (bow tie and pants) and worked in the kitchen, doing all the food prep for the luncheon after church Sunday.  My Dad does what he always does when he comes!  He is the fun, adventurous grandpa.  Jenna managed to get in some sleeping time with grandpa on the couch the first day! 

Boston Blessing, Christmas 017

Since our time was so short with them I took the kids out of school 1/2 day Friday so they could see them more.  We went to Lowe’s Extreme Airsports and played for a couple of hours then they took us all out to eat at Chuck-A-Rama.  That has become a tradition for them to take us there every time they visit and my kids LOVE it!  All you can eat food and dessert!

Boston Blessing, Christmas 023Boston Blessing, Christmas 026Boston Blessing, Christmas 029Boston Blessing, Christmas 034Boston Blessing, Christmas 036Boston Blessing, Christmas 038Boston Blessing, Christmas 041Boston Blessing, Christmas 042Boston Blessing, Christmas 052Boston Blessing, Christmas 054

Every morning my Dad woke up early and hiked up the mountain behind our house.  He took Olaf with him too.  The kids didn’t want to miss the fun and Jason and Melanie went with him one morning and brought back bones as souvenirs.   Dad is at the very top of the mountain in the first picture and I zoomed out my camera so you can see where they hiked.  The second picture they are on the mountain top on the right.  I took these from my bedroom window.  He called when he got up there and waved.  Alyssa and Jenna were pretty upset that they missed out because they slept in, so when Grandpa went out the front door to go on a walk they were hurrying to get on their winter coats and shoes.  They didn’t care where they went as long as it was with Grandpa.  Well, he ended up walking down the hill about a mile to Ream’s and bought them donuts.  Haha!  The kids loved it!
Boston Blessing, Christmas 062Boston Blessing, Christmas 063Boston Blessing, Christmas 064Boston Blessing, Christmas 113

Melissa and Ryan’s family arrived late Saturday night and then Chuck and Carol drove up Sunday morning.  Boston was the sweetest boy during the whole blessing.  I don’t think we have ever had a baby not fuss. 

Boston Blessing, Christmas 067Boston Blessing, Christmas 070Boston Blessing, Christmas 076Boston Blessing, Christmas 077

My kids had fun taking their cousins to their church class with them!  Everyone had someone their age!  We snapped some pictures, ate lunch then Melissa’s family and Chuck and Carol left to St. George to prepare for the Lee Reunion where we would join them a few days later.

Boston Blessing, Christmas 080

Boston Blessing, Christmas 081

Boston Blessing, Christmas 087Boston Blessing, Christmas 088

Can I just take a minute to brag?  Ok, this is my blog and being the one writing in it I get to do things like this every now and then.  David has been the most THOUGHTFUL, HELPFUL, AND UNDERSTANDING husband after I had Boston.  He knew, better than anyone, how hard having another baby was for me.  David was there to take Boston late at night when I was to exhausted.  When I would break down because I didn’t get everything done I needed to that day he was the one to remind me that nothing else mattered but taking care of our baby.  When Boston would fuss he would take him because he knew I was short fused by the end of the day.  He never gripped or complained when he walked in the door and the house was a mess (still) and Little Caesar’s Pizza (or add any other fast food on another night) was on the counter for dinner, again.  I was definitely blessed by unseen angels helping me but he was my angel when he came home from work every night.

Boston Blessing, Christmas 090Boston Blessing, Christmas 091Boston Blessing, Christmas 103Boston Blessing, Christmas 102Boston Blessing, Christmas 107Boston Blessing, Christmas 110Boston Blessing, Christmas 111

Comments

The McGary's said…
Beautiful family Kira!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS